Torrens Valley U16 D2

well torrens valley won u16 div 2 boys on friday.

under a scheme posted earlier the div 2 Summer premier would hae been promoted to div 1 for that Winter.

But the paranoid said eagles, norwood, sturt etc would only benefit from that.

well look at that Torrens valley would have made div 1 under a pro rel system.

think about it -

well done al - your team played very attacking basketball.

Topic #14777 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Did Al Green coach.

Reply #174539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha mate put them up to div 1 and they would struggle to beat woodville they only win div 2 cos there twice the size of everyone else and al green has lost a lot of respect for the way he acts as a coach

Reply #174548 | Report this post

spicey  
Years ago

torrens valley shouldn't even be in the comp. Get rid of the club all together.

Reply #174570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They only win because Al Green pressurises the refs into calling everything for his team. They got away with A LOT of hacking and reaching in fouls on friday. If they were put in div 1, they would struggle adapting to refs that call fouls on cheap defence + teams that know how to break basic zones. They also wouldnt be as big as div 1 sides.

Reply #174581 | Report this post

Lachy K  
Years ago

Dude put em in div one so i can laugh as they get owned in every game :D

Reply #174588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree that Al Green does pressure the refs a lot

Reply #174605 | Report this post

Des Taylor  
Years ago

There appears to be a lot of people with a lot to say about Al Green and the teams victory in the summer competion. I am here to say that my son plays in Al Greens team, the team are a close knit bonded group of boys who follow any instruction coming from a man who has records held that none of the people critisising will ever hold in their lifetimes. He is a gentleman, respected by all who come into contact with him. His team has the right to be elevated to Div1 and all those who bag him need to understand that all of the div 2 teams in the comp are going to be disadvantaged by playing such a formidable team. It will not only affect us at Torrens Valley who think it is extremely unfair and are very disappointed. What does a club need to do to show how strong they are. If you all think you are all so high and mighty I throw down the challenge to complain to BSA so that we can be accepted into the Div 1 comp. To those saying that we dont belong or could not beat the bottom team, all I can say is that as sportsmen you have no idea about fair play, and being scared of us entering div 1 is not a reason to bag the Torrens Valley basketball Club. Pull your head in.
To those with the congrats I sincerely thank you for recognising such a strong team and a great coach
Des Taylor

Reply #175034 | Report this post

Des Taylor  
Years ago

In follow up, I also want to say, if you you want to post anonymous rubbish its time to stand up and put your name to your article if you truly believe the lies you are saying.
As far as the critisism of the umpiring Al Green does no more complaining than anybody else, in fact I believe he does a lot less than most because of his history and reputation of excellence in the game.

Des Taylor......yet again!

Reply #175038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Des

A few laughable parts of your posts.

How's this for starters - "respected by all who come into contact with him." All? This is simply not true...ask around.

Secondly - "being scared of us entering div 1". Trust us Des, nobody is scared. Hilarious.

And yes, I will choose to remain anonymous, as is my right.

Reply #175046 | Report this post

Georgie  
Years ago

If they won div.2 they deserve to be put up to div.1, it's logic!!! Al Green was a great player and i'm sure he is a great coach too!

Reply #178284 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jeepers creepers..where'd you get those peepers....!!!

Reply #178290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gold Anon!!!!

Reply #178317 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

haha des taylor you ask most people and they have lost respect for al green, he started having a go at under 18 boy it was terrible and mate put them up to div 1 please we would love to verse you anyday and if im correct you did lose to surt in the semi-final the week before so dont get to ahead of urself

Reply #178334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why dont you stay on the subject of Torrens Valley being put up to DIV 1 instead of personal attacks which have absolutely nothing to do with basketball.

Reply #179127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Georgie, I am glad to see that amongst the baggers on this site that there is someone with common sense.
Well done!

Reply #179128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al Green is a great coach and they deserve to go up to division 1.

Reply #200378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754