why is this so.....

Topic #14902 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

long weekend

Reply #175831 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

There is a calendar on sporting pulse that will tell you why/what weekends games are cancelled.

Reply #175833 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Seems we were in such a hurry to start the season 1 week after summer finals; play one week then have a break?

Calendar or not, it's plain stupid!

Reply #175841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then play the weekend after the long weekend. weekend after that Easter. Shame about teams that have a bye the week between the long weekends as they don't play for ages!

Reply #175878 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The State Country champs are on guys and a number of the stadiums are being used. C'mon guys, look beyond Gepps Cross!
Basketball in this state doesn't solely revolve around Sturt, North and Norwood???

Reply #175896 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

LONG WEEKEND? FAMILY TIME?

1 week n a break is a bit daft, but hey... peanuts = monkeys.

Reply #175901 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Glendi is on the Adelaide Cup Long Weekend too. Let's go there and break some more Zorba records.

Reply #175903 | Report this post

Hood 43  
Years ago

Dah - It's so everyone can watch the Lightning Grand Final !!

Reply #175928 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

(#175896) Jack I can fully appreciate the State Country Champs; my point is why were we in such a hurry to start the season when it stops after 1 week?

IMO Summer season should have been finished by the end of January, prehaps with just the finals in Jan, then if you have to, start the next season in Feb, giving teams a chance to get together before they stop for country champs and easter carnival.

To start the comp & then have the next week off is laughable, but hey.....thats how Bball is run in this state... I guess!

Or God forbid, give the kids some "me" time and start the comp in April.

By the way, you forgot Forestville, premiers in 12, 14, 16 & 18 girls div 1's

Reply #175992 | Report this post

Edinburgh 24  
Years ago

What I want to know is why those grades that are only givne 18 games have to pay the same nomination fees as those that play 22. And what happens when players are moved down during those weeks.

Reply #176009 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

It is laughable the season should have been delayed but the oRGANISATION needs the money bugger development, and we wonder why kids choose other sports because there are breaks. AFL professional athletes have a mandatory 8 week break after their final game.

Reply #176014 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah it's pretty crazy that these kids don't even get a week off from basketball!
Under 20's are playing finals for the summer season on Thursdays and then the winter season on the Friday's!!!

Reply #176024 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Grow up guys, it's one week off - it's the same as having a bye, it's not the end of the world.

Reply #176057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

edinburgh 24

some only get 16 games - just a little longer than the summer season

Reply #176087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754