Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers: Who to keep or get?

Who do you think sixers should kept?

and who do think they should try to get?

Topic #14904 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Sort the coach out before the site gets flooded with these threads!

Reply #175838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep:

Ballinger (superstar)
Hodge (will most likely be in NBA or Europe anyway)
Maher (superstar)
Burdon (promising youngster)
Dodman (maybe, haven't see any offence yet tho)
Davidson (great player, very passionate)
Cooper (fantastic role player, v. important)
Ng (had a break-out season, is still young and will only get better)

Get rid of:

Dench (no brainer)
Sutton (had a pretty shite season, no offence at NBL level)

Not sure who we should go after though (realistic options that is).

Sign:

Schensher (put an offer forward)

Unsure:

Mottram - Keep IF we have enough money left

Reply #175840 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sign the coach, of course. Then sign Ballinger who becomes an aussie, then sign two imports. Top four.

Reply #175844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#175840 has your head been in the sand the past two years? Maher has been injured half the season both years and is taking up the spot of a better and younger player. Burdon is an arrogant player who wont go far with that attitude. Mottram has played mins for the Boomers and was a rebounding powerhouse not to mention gave us the physicality needed to compete against teams like Tigers and Kings.

And Sutton has been a 36er for less time than either Burdon or Dodman and has been more impressive. just because he does not have the best shot does not make him less of a player or don't you remember Darnell Mee who was 50/50 shooter but defender of the year how many times? (need i remind you he's the only 36er to keep Newly under 20 point's)

but none of this will happen if we dont get a "good" coach SOON.

Reply #175853 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

anon. sutton is useless. id rather burdon any day of the week.

Reply #175862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed

Reply #175864 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

175853 I'm not sure which Burdon you're refering to, but the Burdon my son has played against for the last 14 years certainly isn't arrogant.

Reply #175884 | Report this post

mj  
Years ago

Ballinger becomes naturalised so they can go after another import. maybe josh page who they looked at before hodge. but the 8 players they have there i think should just be their 8 player rotation. anyone can fill in gaps. what about getting sa boys back here, joe, oscar, jacob? someone said luke, that could be good.

Reply #175892 | Report this post

"Maher has been injured half the season both years and is taking up the spot of a better and younger player."

What crap. Maher is still better than most players in this league. Yes has has been injured but he's still a fantastic player, kicks ass every night and the whole team really lifts when he's on the floor. I don't what kind of a fantasy world you live in man. I've seen heaps of players criticed on this site unfairly but I'd NEVER thought I'd see the day when someone says our greatest ever player is a wate of space on the roster.

Reply #175895 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

sutts has the size on burdon and can defend the bigger guys which may help his cause. burdon is ok but i dont think has a big time career in the NBL due to his size, he has made the most of his chances which is gr8 and a strength for his cause.
new coach will make it all start again so lets see what happens

Reply #175996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger
Hodge (will most likely be in NBA or Europe anyway)
Maher
Davidson

Plus six/seven new players

Reply #176122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #175840 from B4, come on dude Maher is was an awesome player but they played better when he wasn't on court. I mean Ng and Davidson played as a better combination than Davidson/Ng and Maher. if you look at the stats the team has played better without Maher for the last 2 seasons.
Just like Mark Davis was let go before his time (as I belive he had anouther 1 or 2 seasons in him) teh club should do the same for Maher so that people wont get to the point where they believe him as a waste and he can bow out at near the top of his game and still as a superstar of the game. but i agree his injury rate is too high especially for a captain.

secondly P S had a Big chance to develop players over his years as a coach and has failed. Holmes left, Big O left and is now not even a good player, Ng has taken years to establish himself, so I don't blame Sutton for hios lack of improvement I blame P S because any other coach would have made an awesome players out of him. So in saying that I would like to see how Sutton, Burdon and Dodman do with a different coach.

Reply #176131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ng played better with Maher out because he got more minutes, and averaged 24 ppg which means he really stepped up and does deserve to be in the starting 5 ahead of Maher. However, Brett can still hit 15+ per game if given the 6th man spot and limited his minutes so he doesn't get injured.

Maher's leadership is also invaluable.

Reply #176140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754