ANON12
Years ago

Lightning New Assistant Coach?

Recently the Adelaide Lightning announced that Coach Valk and Assistant Tanya Dhu had re-signed for the 2008-2009 WNBL season.
Since then, particularly during the finals, it has been noticed that Simon Pritchard was using the play board and seemed to be taking a more dominant role as Assistant Coach over Tanya. Is he the NEW Assistant Coach (no one has announced the appointment), and what will Tanya's role be? Simon particularly noticeable in the photos of the team at the presentation night dinner (separate thread).
On a sadder note there still seems to be division in the team when all the players were sitting together except for one who sat at the head table with mummy. And on the night of one of the most important team functions of the year, where was the owner - NOT THERE (Very Strange - if you own your own company surely you could rearrange your schedule).

Topic #15046 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your a dickhead ANON12. Mummys table? How old are you? Move on and get a life.

Reply #177565 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

if you own your own company surely you could rearrange your schedule
Companies tend to work with other companies - clients, suppliers, etc. There are reasons that someone couldn't make it to an event and couldn't reschedule. Are you trying to stir up something for a reason?

Reply #177568 | Report this post

thunder  
Years ago

i had 2 players at my table and we had a great night, food was excellent, full credit to the restaurant

Reply #177570 | Report this post

hmmm?  
Years ago

More personal abuse I see...

Reply #177579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And also he was at the Grand Final and it is not like he is in Adelaide. Waiting for a reply or is this a trypical comment by ANON12 with no substance and full of crap. I won't expect a reply to after 3.30pm, thats when school gets out doesn't it?

Reply #177581 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

Dear Anon 12:
I look forward to your thesis on "Simon takes over the world but forgot to notify me first"

Kindly sugest you acquaint with the the definition of Karma. Hopefully, with reference to John Lennon its the instant variety.

Reply #177587 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac, should have left the second part of the thread out - bit tacky.
The main thrust of the thread was why has Simon suddenly appeared on the scene - and what effect will this have on Tanya as the Assistant Coach. Unfortunately Tanya seemed to be pushed into the background.

Reply #177591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon is doing individuals with the girls and has worked him self onto the bench. A bit tacky? ANON12, you are only saying that now because we have given you a bagging!! A bet if you got the reaction you wanted you wouldn't be saying that.

Reply #177592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't both coaches resign - end of story, unless your suggesting the owner sacks people on whim.

Reply #177600 | Report this post

hey soos  
Years ago

Why get grumpy with anon12? His/her Angela question may have been out there, but I think the Simon quetion is legit?

Reply #177605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need to move on Anon 12, your hatred of the Marino's is starting to make it look like you were one of the one's that walked after Chris was sacked.
The girls won the Championship for crying out loud, are some people never happy ?

Reply #177857 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To be fair, I don't think that winning/losing comes into their complaint.

Reply #177860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps, but ANON12 seems to be very bitter about something.

Reply #177864 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So were three coaches, the manager, the announcer, etc. I don't know the details or really have a position on it all, but I can appreciate that there would be some unhappy people.

Reply #177867 | Report this post

Sprung  
Years ago

From very personal experience Vince breeds very unhappy people, he cant seem to help himself imo

Reply #178085 | Report this post

Sprung  
Years ago

Oh sorry I meant from my own personal experiences

Reply #178087 | Report this post

Astor 33  
Years ago

I think the team is run by Vicki.
Vince has little to do with the day to day stuff.

Reply #178103 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:28 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754