Con the fruiterer
Years ago

The Famous Broccoli Salad

Does anyone have Andrea Sexton's Broccoli salad recipe. It's a closer guarded secret than the Colonel's secret herbs and spices. I plied Pete with a gallon of Tasman Gold ($26 per carton at all good liquor outlets)thinking , as we all would, that he was the weak link, but Andrea's so canny she wont even share the recipe with him. All I got was, " broccoli, broccoli" and then he'd wander off into some soliquoy about how a BBQ is not a BBQ without onions, lots of onions. I hear Michael Humphrys has had his fill of the famous salad and may be able to shed some light, he having such a discerning palate. I'm told don't even think about asking Vaughn-O, his palate is shot by over indulgence in other vices. Surely there are some old scholars from past 36ers and Lightning teams who have been privy to the famous salad and managed to prize the recipe out of Andrea in a moment of weakness. I've even heard that its turned up at a recent Forestville team BBQ. I need the recipe. I don't mind if Boti gets hold of it and it features in the Saturday Review, although I doubt his editor will want to share it once he's tasted the salad. It's a risk worth taking.

Somebody somewhere must have Andrea's salad recipe !!!

Topic #15095 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

So this is what Hoops becomes in the off season?

Reply #178272 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

NBL off-season and BSA too scared to run ABL games on hot days and people will turn their attention elsewhere.
I have a nice Waldorf Salad recipe and an idea for an arrangement of Hibiscus and the rare Pink Torch Ginger, for a Wedding Bouquet if anyone is interested.

Reply #178275 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Heres a thought - if you are close enough to have partaken wont dont you just ask her you tool!

Reply #178278 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Now would be a good time for the picture of the dog with broccoli.....

Here it is:

Reply #178282 | Report this post

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reply #178300 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

what don't you try working out what flavours it tastes like and try duplicating it?
worth a shot in the meantime.... sounds weirdly yum!

Reply #178303 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754