Anonymous
Years ago

Spurs V Suns *spoiler*

Spurs 117-115 Suns in DOUBLE OT thanks to Tim Duncan (40 pts) who hit a three pointer (first time in 2 years) and Manu Ginobilli.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0419/nba_g_duncan5_580.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080420

Spurs 1-0 in Playoffs

Topic #15504 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

OH MY steve nash's shot was spectacular! Hard to believe that ginobili could have outdone that trey but he did!
GO PHOENIX

Reply #183036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO SPURS, Big 3 starring again :D

Reply #183038 | Report this post

definitely a push off ginobili should have been a charge.

I still have faith. come on phoenix

Reply #183040 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

ELG you're dreaming, no way was that an offensive foul.

Reply #183043 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

just accept it ELG - the spurs are going to knock out phoenix again. wait for game 3 when horry subs in to break hill's ankle and bowen pokes nash in the eye. cant wait!

Reply #183044 | Report this post

I reckon Brian Skinner could do some damage to Tim Duncan. Beard to the eye

Reply #183045 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Come on Suns! FFS it's time to deliver a title

Reply #183107 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Spurs be concerned. Winning in Dbl OT for the home opener is not great (it aint bad either) but i really see phoenix coming through over the course of the series. Shaq and Amare will just be too much for the walking poo to handle.

Reply #183110 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'd say the Suns should be concerned - can't get over the top of the ageing, has-been Spurs in double OT? Anyone read Shaq's comments about "flopping" by Spurs defenders? I didn't see the plays he was referring to, but I think it was referencing some charge calls against him.

Was his criticism warranted, or is it a case of the trade for Kurt Thomas showing its worth?

And just quietly - how massive was Timmy Duncan's 3?

Reply #183113 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Timmy D to be the MVP of this series. The one guy in the NBA that gave Timmy consistent fits is now a Spur. The trade of crazy eyes Thomas just to save pennys will bite the Suns on the ar$e.

Lets go Spurs.......

Reply #183119 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Didn't watch the game, can someone tell me if timmy was guarded by shaq or amare?
I would have shaq stand in his way, prevent the bank jumpers then when timmy drives around shaq, amare to provide the help with his massive leap.... i thought a similar def tactic last year worked well when crazy eyes (love that TR) thomas bodied up and amare helped on the block....

Reply #183123 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Thomas has some crazy eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of a googly eyed goldfish on crack.... I've talked to smackheads with less crazy eyes.

Reply #183142 | Report this post

beijing  
Years ago

I think this series wont be decided inside. Tim Duncan and Kurt Thomas are well matched against Amare and Shaq; i reckon they'll negate each others role in the game. What it will come down to is if phoenix's guards can stick with Ginobili and Parker, and if Ginobili and Parker can stop Nash handing out assists like bread to starving children.
My pick says the Suns. They've had it coming for a while.

Reply #183149 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

The Suns may have had it coming for a while but the Spurs have actually done it for a while.

Reply #183154 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Run TMC - that is a very good point. I thought the addition of G Hill was a great move for the Suns, and might be enough to get over the line this time. This is the Suns best shot at getting over the Spurs. This series is too close to call. If the Spurs win game 2, I'll call it.

Reply #183157 | Report this post

This is the team that should beat the spurs. But unfortunately, i don't think will beat other western conference teams

Reply #183201 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Totally agree ELG. As a jazz fan i'm counting all my chickens that the suns knock out the spurs so that the jazz don't have to face em.

Reply #183233 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Would love to see a Spurs/Jazz series though - great challenge for Parker on Deron. Would really put him into the elite PG's if he could match it with him for a series. There are still plenty of doubters that say Parker is not an elite PG, and his injuries this year denied him a chance to back up the Finals MVP with a quality season.

I think he has come on lately though.

Reply #183239 | Report this post

I still rate Parker as my number 2 PG in the league, he definitely stepped up a notch this year. The spurs did struggle a lot when he was out too, which they didn't do when Manu and duncan are out.

Reply #183371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754