Isaac
Years ago

Most NBA Dunks 2007/08

Sportsline's Dunk-O-Meter ranks NBA players by dunks during the year. Generally, top spot is pretty obvious and clearly in front, but before you click through, have a guess at where you think some known dunkers might rank - guys like Kobe, LeBron, Carter, etc.

Dunk-O-Meter

Nice to see Bogut cracking the century to rank 18th in the league.

Topic #15731 | Report this topic

Who Me?  
Years ago

How about that = 274th was a 6' 9" PF who played 69 games and had only 3 dunks.

You would hope to get a few more than that. I guess when you're better known for your eating than your athleticism, it's not really surprising!

Yes Zach Randolph!! What an athlete.

Reply #185335 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Still, big Zach did better than Antoine Walker's 1 dunk.

Reply #185343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Moses - I spotted that too. You can just imagine Antoine and Zach going around saying "a layup is worth the same amount of points..."

Reply #185344 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Bynum 88 dunks in what.....30 or so games

He will be up there when his healthy

Reply #185358 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Good to see Bogut out dunking Shaq, that's one for the tombstone.

Reply #185377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate wins the Dunk comp with 2000 efforts then goes for 4 in the real deal....sounds like NY Knicks basketball full of S@#T!

Reply #185383 | Report this post

Was there any doubt about the top 2?

Barbosa 1 dunk yeah

Reply #185387 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

What about Oberto for the Spurs - he starts for one of the best teams in the league ... 1 dunk!

Reply #185409 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

I'm guessing dwight howard.

i remember in the dunk comp, seeing a stat that said he had more dunks this year than a few entire teams in the league.

Reply #185422 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Who me ? "How about that = 274th was a 6' 9" PF who played 69 games and had only 3 dunks."

Little harsh , Z-Bo dunks at least four donuts in his pre game super size latte and that requires some effort.

Reply #185423 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Sorry ROT, I had forgotten about the pre-game ritual of the Knicks front line.

Probably explains why Eddy Curry was so high on the list, they included each day of "dunkin donuts" visits!

Reply #185426 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Howard and Stoudamire... as if anyone else needs to be mentioned. The monitor should be renamed "did Howard get the most dunks" with the simple Yes/No response.

I wanna know who sits down and records the dunks. And do they include those flimsy half-arsed wrist flick dunks (the ones where they barely touch the rim with their fingers).

Reply #185433 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Attention stats nerds: can someone calculate how many dunks per game this works out to be for Howard? It must be 3 or even 4 DPG?

I also wouldn't mind knowing what Shaq's DPG would have been when he was in his prime, I'd imagine it would be Howard-like. Or for ELG, what Wilt's best DPG in a season was.

Who would Howard's NBL equivalent for DPG be? Jawai?

Reply #185435 | Report this post

Former stats guy  
Years ago

Big Marty - the stats program has an 'area' to click to record dunks. You see on a shot chart where all the shots are taken, dunks are the same, if you click on the baseline, it's recorded as a lay-up, but right behind the basket area it is recorded as a dunk.

I bet if someone had the time and access to all last seasons NBL and/or ABL stats (the *.bbt or whatever it is), they could do a similar ladder.

Reply #185438 | Report this post

Former stats guy  
Years ago

Bo - 82 game season, divided by 100 dunks? 1.2 DPG.

His player profile says he played all 82.

Bynum (as someone else mentioned was injured) had a DPG of 2.5, being his 88 dunks divided by the 35 games played.

Reply #185440 | Report this post

Former stats guy  
Years ago

Missed the rest of Howard's DPG,

267 dunks, by 82 games = 3.25

Reply #185442 | Report this post

ABA  
Years ago

WHo would have the most dunks in ABA? Would have to be cooper right?

Reply #185536 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Cheers FSG.

Reply #185542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #212077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754