Isaac
Years ago

Kings to sign Zarryon Fereti?

...going by a few hints on OzHoops. Here's his player profile

That'd leave them with two imports to come.

Anyone know more about this player and if it's definitely on the cards?

Topic #15769 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

If his level of play is as good as his name, he's going to be a star.

Here's my headline: Kings carry on with Zarryon.

Reply #185798 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I bet Boti uses that

Reply #185802 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Zarryon " the luggage " Fereti

Reply #185808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talking of players to sign apparently Crowe looking to sign with sixers

Reply #185867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO WAY! Don't want crowe at all. Anyway that's rubbish cause sixers are keepiong second import slot open for hodge until they know if he made ore missed the nba and the 1st slot is being occupied by ballinger.

Reply #185869 | Report this post

36er111  
Years ago

Fereti is a done deal. Apparently he is an absolute gun. They've also signed one import, but its not a player who's been in the league before.

Reply #185870 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Fereti played for St Bonaventure in Div 1 College ball last season.

Here is a link to all his details:

http://linky.com.au/ueqaw

A solid guard on a pretty ordinary team last season. Can really light it up from downtown when he caches fire.
Has promise, but has had troubles with a former coach at the Bonnies early last year and was dismissed. New coach came in and welcomed him back on probation...was a strange and tough time for him I would say.

Reply #185871 | Report this post

Gold 2008  
Years ago

Interesting article giving Fereti's side of the story
http://media.www.thebv.org/media/storage/paper1111/news/2007/02/16/MensBasketball/Fereti.Speaks.Out.On.Solomon.Team-2723619-page4.shtml

Kings are taking a bit of a flyer on this guy by the looks of things...

Reply #185910 | Report this post

the Pony  
Years ago

Wasn't Isaacs first car a Feretti?

Reply #186049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i spoke to Zarryon last night and i can tell you he is not signing with the kings he is going to the nba pre draft camp on the 12th june. Australia is his last option. Stong guard with a 62 inch vert can shoot and bang bodies plus he is a top bloke.

Reply #188379 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard!!! 62 inch vertical leap..Bahahahaha..maybe 62cm!!! Maybe 62 inches horizontally!!! Michael Jordan's leap was somewhere between 43-48 inches! The world record for the highest Vertical leap is 60 inches! Yeah no worries champ, Fereti just became the new world champ!!! Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #188393 | Report this post

sam12  
Years ago

Whoever said Zarryon Fereti had a 62inch Vertical has got his facts wrong the kid didn't say he had a 62 inch vertical.He is thinking of going to the Tony Abunassuer camp in Las Vegas, He is right in saying zarryon is a good guy and is a very good player who has flown under the Australian Basketball Radar due to playing for a team in the Atlantic 10 conference that didn't make the playoffs.This kid doesn't need all this shit bandied around about him

Reply #188515 | Report this post

paperboy  
Years ago

Fereti ,He's is one of the most underated player going round in the Atlantic 10 and has been flying just under the radar but give him time to show his talent. He played against Xavier who are known for their defence and made lavender PG and Burrell won the most Defencive award who guarded Zarryon. They scored 8 & 9 points Zarryon scored 22.If you look at the Rhode Island game he scored 26 of the teams that were in the top 25 in the nation of the 8 teams in the Atlantic 10 He scored double figures against all of them but because he played for a team that was bottom of the A10 he didn't get much of a look. He played injured for the last 8 games but still scored well in all area's.

Reply #188516 | Report this post

leiatausili  
Years ago

Zarryon Fereti is playing in Europe. He has signed in Germany for the Koln 99ers 1st Division as their starting Combo shooting guard

Reply #200955 | Report this post

Drew  
Years ago

I played with Zarryon when he was in Australia back when I was 18. If that's anything to go by: he was super-athletic, had a great leap (not 62" though) and was a point-scoring machine (from inside and out).

However, he always had a bit of a mouth/firey side, which is probably what got him kicked out of the Bonnies. I reckon it'd be great if he signed with the Kings though because he's an exciting player to watch, and the aussie league needs more of those.

Reply #209359 | Report this post

unkOwn  
Years ago

T Loveeeee Zarryon Feretiiii (=

Reply #230816 | Report this post

Unknown  
Years ago

Zarryon will train with the Kings next week. He could be with them when they re-enter the NBL!

Reply #276547 | Report this post

Mikey T  
Years ago

i've known and played with Zarryon for years and he is the most over rated player i have ever known. He is a head case and not a team player. Is not even worth having on the bench in an NBL team. His local team on the Central Coast don't even want him in the ABA. I think the best thing for him would be to come back down to earth and get a real job.

Reply #291544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mikey T...... Zarryon has been making money in europe over the past 2 yrs. You clearly have no idea what your talking about and ABA? He hasn't played ABA since he was 16yrs old! It's good that you show jealous online but would be better to say it to his face if your game enough which I highly doubt. Showing your dislike online only fuels his drive and he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Reply #292415 | Report this post

Chris Whatson  
Years ago

Anonymous, I totally agree. Mikey your living in disneyland. Get off the magic tea cups and wake up to yourself. Learn the facts first, then comment.

Reply #292417 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754