razza matazz
Years ago

what a difference 1 Shaq makes

see miami is 26 - 8 and on top of their conference

what a difference 1 big boy makes....

Topic #1578 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Not to mention Dwayne Wade's All-Star numbers...and Eddie Jones' sorta playing to his potential!

Reply #18012 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

But would Dwyane be half the player he is without Shaq? His stats were impressive last season, but no where near what they are now. No doubt a year of NBA under his belt has helped, but I think Shaq's influence plays a big part.

Shaq also helped Penny become a 1st team All-NBA player one year, and he's been mediocre since (injuries have played a large part in that, but still).

While Kobe's numbers are still quite impressive this season (around 28/7/7) his shooting % has dropped to around the 40% mark without Shaq.

So how valuable is he?

Reply #18037 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

He's like osmosis - he's that good, he makes those around him better

Reply #18038 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Indeed - he's the kind of leader that inspires other players. Should be interesting to see where they fit into the East.

Reply #18040 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The reason why he makes the 2nd fiddle play better is becasue teams collapse around shaq when he gets near the basket and all he has to do is find the cutter or the open man for the J- im suprised he isn't averaging 12 APG

Reply #18084 | Report this post

nba  
Years ago

shaq is the best player in the nba today, no doubt. He makes his team mates better. Statistically he may not look like the best player in the league but stats only tell half the story. Miami basically lost three starters in exchange for shaq, now there teams is leading the east

It doesnt matter that Kobe is putting up 35 pts every night, lakers are still loosing. Kobe doesnt make his teamates better.

Everyone builds up Tracy MCgrady but is it just me or does every team he go to suddenly become a loosing team. And is it a coincidence that McGrady arrives on the scene and now Yao Ming Struggles. Who cares what McGrady's stat sheet reads, he doesnt make his team win

Reply #18090 | Report this post

He hasn't exactly ever had the best team to work with. And what are you basing your argument on, Thursday's game V the best team in the league?

And I hate to break it to you, but Yao Ming has always struggled.

Reply #18102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yao ming is the msot overrated player ever to make the nba, he is leading the all star ballot at only averaging 18-19 points a game. he is the most overrated EVER!

Reply #18107 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Dont dog Yao Anon. He's got game. Just remember he's averaging about 20-10. Not too many in that company...

Reply #18115 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

my bad Yao's only doin 18.5p/8.6r

overrated... im not a Yao lover by any means but I'd take him...as a second pick.
Still take a Steve Nash or Stephon Marbury before the big man.

Reply #18117 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

I have to agree Yao Ming hasnt really loved up to the hype. He has played well at times but has not really played consistantly Amare stoudamire(Spelling??) has picked up his game since his rookie season people thought that amare playes crap last year but he took his stats from 16 points to 20 and this season he is averaging 26 points are not everything but he has constantly improved I havent checked out Yaos stats but im sure they would not match Amare's

Reply #18122 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Amare's stats are huge.

As for Yao getting All Star votes -- take a look at a list of country populations, check out the population of his country of origin, and then take note that the All Star ballot is open to international votes...

Also, I don't think there is very much competition at Centre in his division...

Reply #18134 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Well see how Overrated Yao Ming is in 2-3 years when he's dominating, hell take time guys China don't play ball like the american leagues

Reply #18169 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Did anyone see Amare's 50 pointer? He went 20/27 :o

Reply #18172 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754