rorylake
Years ago

michael jordan in 2008

the great man now being in in mid 40's would be losing a bit of his touch, but do you think if he wanted 2 he would still be able to dominate the nbl or just be a so-so player.. i know it would never happen that he plays but just curious whether he would get a game or not..

Topic #15792 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

dominate

Reply #186008 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

as good as kobe but not be able to take over like he used to

Reply #186011 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

He'd still embarrass players. All he needs is the match fitness for because and after that it's all in the mind.

Reply #186014 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I have always wondered what would happen if NBL club went after a recently retired star of the NBA to came and play here. The money would be small compared to what they where getting but you could sell it as a working holiday. Unlike the NBA I would suggest NBL players have a lot more down time. The NBL might even give you some Salary Cap considerations (if they actually policed it) to do so.

Reply #186015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D-mac played at a decent level until his mid 40's, so you would say a match fit Jordan might do okay.If he played for a team that would let him shoot alot,say West Sydney ?that would help.Also a NBA quality big man,say Ben Melmeth? who knows what could happen! :)

Reply #186016 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If Jordan started training now for the 2010 season, I'd say he'd manage to maintain a certain level; but personally he'd get creamed nowadays regardless of how he was.

Saying Jordan would dominate at his age and with how the game is progressing, you could easily say if Charles Barkley shed all his weight and got back into training, he'd school a few people.

I'll stick to watching old school NBA mix tapes for Jordan.

Reply #186036 | Report this post

Been there  
Years ago

I wander if any club in Australia has had the balls to actually throw the idea of him playing down under at his management. You might get a flat NO. But imagine the response of the fans if you happen to pull it off.

I like the idea of selling it as a working holiday. People like Australia. Who knows he may even decide to buy the team.

Reply #186075 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I've said that myself. The NBL would serve as a nice "retirement" league for NBA players; however considering the hilarity of the point system (whislt it does add fairness to the league, who really gives a crap about fairness) I doubt anyone would come down.

Although most people that seem to have grown up in the ghetto tend to love australia... mainly because they're not getting shot at anymore or bringing up kids in crappy neighbourhoods.

Reply #186101 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think the closest we got to having him playing down here was during his ill-fated baseball sojourn, I remeber at the time there was talk of one of the teams in our (now defunct?) baseball league trying to lure him over.

Reply #186126 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

why doesn't an nbl team try get kemp, is in great shape, and you know he wants to play somewhere... just make sure ben cousins isn't near him

Reply #186142 | Report this post

Baller_kid  
Years ago

i don't think Jordan would be able to dominate the league.. he would still be able to shoot and pass but his athleticism would be fairly poor... you would just have to tag him and he would be useless..

still would be a good stunt to pull

Reply #186144 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"you would just have to tag him and he would be useless.."

That's a pretty big call. Remember at 6-6 he'd be one of the biggest guards in the league, he'd still have veteren nouse and know how to take advantage of his size. He's got a great back to the basket game, could you imagine Maher or Davidson stopping him in the post?

I don't think he'd be pushing for league MVP but I think if he was serious about it and got into good shape he'd be a very good player. His mental advantage before stepping on the court would be huge.

Reply #186149 | Report this post

nipper  
Years ago

Jordan would still dominate if fit, he skills would never get lost, he would certainly dominate in the NBL

Reply #186310 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754