icemaster
Years ago

Where will Jason Crowe land in the ANBL

Just looking at his stats 44pts,11rebs,11asst 8-11 3pt.,16-20 FGA Third triple double of the year he's playing at another level. I would like to see him over in Oz instead of Europe.

Topic #15873 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the Dragons was one rumour, but who else would gamble on him?

Reply #186847 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

There is no chance anyone picking him up. He is known to be reckless and poor decision maker.

Yes his individual stats scoring, assists were rather impressive, however his turnovers and inability to read a game and make appropiate decisions on court is his downfall, also he is a bit of a choker as we witnessed with him in the finals. Also known as a poor team member who is self absorbed.

Reply #186887 | Report this post

icemaster  
Years ago

I would like to see him over here he takes alot of heat. James Harvey told me he was a great teammate it would be interesting to see how he goes under another coach.

Reply #186912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on his ass!

Crowie is simply not up to NBL standards. Yes, on a good day he'll hit 8-10 3's or something in that range, but that will come in between 1-10 and 1-12 efforts.

And he is one of the worst ball-handling imports to have played in the NBL in a long time.

And okay, maybe he's been playing well over in NZ but we all know that there are plenty of players who dominate in NZNBL but lack the skills to last over here.

Reply #186915 | Report this post

icemaster  
Years ago

I see alot of Joyce flunkies are replying to this article. The worst ball-handling import he was the only import with no backup point guard. These cant be 36er fans with the bashing he gave in 3 games which elevated the Blaze to the playoffs. I want to see watch over here and noy read about him in Europe.

Reply #186918 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

icemaster, I'll be in NZ next week to see him play - will see how he does against the Heat.

Can't think of too many teams that could still make use of him if the rumour that Groves has signed with the Dragons is true. Maybe Perth? There, he'd be an upgrade on Brown and they have a couple of OK back-up points that would cover for him on off-days? Not sure that West Sydney would want him if they still have their import spots free?

Reply #186921 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

It's true......Goorjian must have decided that Cortez was a better option than anyone else he could get (Crowe included if that's any indication of what coaches think of him).

Tez and Ere to share the Dragons backcourt!

Reply #186925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dragons are gonna be showtime! Can't wait....

Reply #186931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #186970 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Crowe needs to grow a few inches taller and become a SF. I wouldn't mind a SF who has "reckless offense" so to speak and would potentially "do a hodge" and be a high scorer whose's able to change roles at a moments notice.

He's a good import from certain points of view but I can't honestly see any top 6 team really opt for him. Although Singapore might be an option.

Reply #186993 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Singapore will be starting Castro and Ng, and their imports will be a SF and someone to share the paint with Ben Knight you'd assume. No room for Crowe there - apparently Castro has a must-start clause in his contract.

Reply #186994 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

hmm, interesting. Makes sense, having an "ethnic" based guard combo is probably the main reason behind it, and offers a potentially high drawcard.

Crowe could be a potential player of the Hawks along side Kavossy (if he is still playing this season). But like you've pointed out Isaac, most teams would want an import big man/guard combo.

Reply #186998 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawks are after an import SF/PF (SF is their weak point) and an Australian big. Already got their guards mostly sorted with Kavossy, Tait, Campbell, etc.

Crocs have their import. Breakers want a big. Dragons are sorted. 36ers need a scorer. Taipans will wait to see what happens with Jawai. Gold Coast don't want him. Hawks I've mentioned, Slingers I've mentioned.

The teams that may want an import guard are: Perth (need a PG), West Sydney (if they haven't got Hinson, need a PG/SG), Sydney (need a PG and a PF), Brisbane (need a SG), and Melbourne could get a guard or a PF with their remaining import spot.

Reply #187002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope he stays with the Blaze. He had a great season with the pistons in NZ and he needs to follow on with a competitive team like the Blaze.

Reply #203191 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 am, Fri 17 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754