TR
Years ago

Nathan Jawai Interview - nbadraft.net

Nathan Jawai's latest interview with nbadraft.net. Seems the big fella is starting to get some notice

Some snippets:

DN: Why do you feel you are ready for the NBA?

NJ: Well I know that physically I am ready. I know I'm strong enough and fast enough to compete at this level and I am willing to do whatever it takes to improve other areas of my game to be able to contribute in the NBA.

DN: Heading into the draft, is there a dream team that you have always wanted to play for as a kid or even a dream situation for you to come into?

NJ: I dont think I ever had a team I liked more than any other, however I find Phoenix and Golden State a lot of fun to watch. I am pretty fast for a guy my size and I enjoy that up and down style of play, so I guess I wouldnt mind being in that kind of environment.

Here is the link:

http://linky.com.au/ak7ls

Topic #15938 | Report this topic

Mookie  
Years ago

I really hope he goes late in the first round to a strong team like the Spurs. He could really contribute and develop in that kind of environemnt.

Reply #187628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be awesome if the Hornets draft him! It seems he's likely to go late in the first round which would see him join a stronger team. Does being drafted in the 1st round guarantee a contract?

Reply #187644 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yes, anywhere in the 1st round gets you a guaranteed contract.

Reply #187653 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind him in a Knicks uniform

Reply #187675 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Champ33 - I think he'd mind himself in a Knicks uniform :)

Reply #187688 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If NJ was drafted by the NYK would you have a change of heart to them at all?

Reply #187720 | Report this post

adfad  
Years ago

What USA fans think of him:

Let's see....

A guy playing in a s**t league, doesn't stand out in the couple of times you watched him play, looks overweight...

Yeah, let's draft him... not.

Seriously... his numbers in the weak Australian leagues aren't even dominating. And also can't anyone in the NBA right now be able to tear apart the Australian league? *cough* Darnell Mees, Julius Hodge cough cough.

---

Jawai does dominate the Australian NBL but as I have said in a thread before, Julius Hodge played 1/3rd of the season over there, averaged 25/9/6 and made the All NBL 3rd team in a team that didn't even make the playoffs and ONLY played 8 or so games. I don't know how high the competition level in the NBL is, but in the NBA u won't get recognized with those numbers. The same Julius Hodge who couldnt get any playing time on the Seattle summer league team. Absolute scrubs in the NBA can own any other leagues in the world.

---

Reply #187741 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

If you think NBA teams draft on numbers and stats, then you are greatly mistaken. They look at Jawai and think with his physical tools and his skillset if we add him to our team and have him in our gym everyday working with our staff improving the aspects of his game which will translate to the next level, he will help us win games. They don't care if he averaged 5pts or 50pts it's what he is capable of in their system.

Reply #187745 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

adfad, he WILL be drafted, and he has more than a good chance of going in the first round. I can't believe people still doubt it....

And why would you bring up what fans might think? I'll take the opinion of Chad Ford (ESPN) and the Draft Express guys, thank you very much.

Reply #187746 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Spot on M Dizzle and 24, those US "fans" look like they're good at finding facts on the internet but seem to lack any understanding of what they mean.

Reply #187747 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I bet none of these "fans" rated Luis Scola before he came into the league either, and he was drafted late in the first round IIRR.

Reply #187756 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

everyone is saying he will be drafted first round im gonna just through it out there and say it, in the last few years im pretty sure most pridicted first round players went first round, whihc means NJ is gonna get signed

Reply #187761 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754