PANTHER
Years ago

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Just wondering where the following former players are now, anyone know?

The Shadow - Jason White
The Molester - Lester Fontville
Kim Swanson
Sonya Cudmore
H - Harold McMath
Leanne Perkins
Big John - John Culbertson
Ken Bolt
Simon Cottril
Ricky Noack
Russel Macadam
Dean Brogan
Annie Barclay
Matt Reece
Wayne Chapman
Wade Hampton
Leanne Featherstonhall
Mal Penno
Kaye Elston
James Tiplady
Brenton Hall
Lauren Green
Judy Insker

Topic #1610 | Report this topic

shooter  
Years ago

Leanne Perkins - retired and moved interstate

Big John - John Culbertson - packed his bags and gone home to Usa i think

Russel Macadam - Works as a Dj for Heaven night club

Dean Brogan - Afl footy where have you been???? Port Adelaide

Matt Reece - Qld Abl

Brenton Hall - retired working at sports store

Reply #18365 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The Shadow - Jason White still in Adelaide but has doubled his weight

The Molester - Lester Fontville.... Living in Milwaukee

Kim Swanson
Sonya Cudmore
H - Harold McMath Harbour town

Leanne Perkins
Big John - John Culbertson...just moved to Darwin

Ken Bolt
Simon Cottril
Ricky Noack
Russel Macadam
Dean Brogan...ahh doing ok with some football team

Annie Barclay
Matt Reece
Wayne Chapman
Wade Hampton...stinking it up Monday nights at Wayville

Leanne Featherstonhall
Mal Penno

Kaye Elston...stil getting over Wilie J

James Tiplady
Brenton Hall

Lauren Green....still in Adelaide has not played for ages

Judy Insker

hope that helps a bit

Reply #18399 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

How did Russel Macadam make it into the list of those people?????

RMac is about as good on the decks as he was on court.

Reply #18400 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Saw Lauren at ABA nationals in Geelong last year, she is over there with her mum, has been there for a while now.

Reply #18405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brenton Hall - Bailettis manager

The Shadow - Jason White - went for a holiday by himself married a russian bride in russia.

Harolds McMaths son is tearing it up for sturt in U16s can be seen out at Friday night junior games.

Reply #18407 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Wayne Chapman is in WA. Played a year or two in Kalgoorlie (sp?) and has played in Perth for other SBL sides as well. Not playing anymore to my knowledge.

I think he has a kid now as well.

Reply #18408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leanne got married i heard and is still living in strath.

Reply #18434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whatever happened to Leah Cannon? is she still playing college ball? and Moshe Mango from Norwood?

Reply #18438 | Report this post

last i saw of Mosh, he as a kitchen hand at Caffe MOndealia on unley road.

Reply #18440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Judy Inkster only plays lacrosse now but I saw her at Marion the other day and she said she's been swept up in a whirl-wind romance and is now living in Kingston!.. Still as lovely as ever.

Reply #18446 | Report this post

crosscourt  
Years ago

wasnt lauren with shaun houston that was playing for noarlunga one time??

Reply #18455 | Report this post

I'm Spartacus  
Years ago

Sonya Cudmore..just had a baby

Ricky Noack was severely injured in Spain during the running of the bulls and is apparently still very ill.

Simon Cotrell is ring barking fence posts up the Mallee.

Reply #18470 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Come on now Dean Brogan???
suerly you would have heard hes the first athlete to win titles in 2 professional sports (6ers and power)

Reply #18493 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Moshe Mango is currently living in Pullman, Washington State , working as a police officer and studying Criminal Psychology at Washington State Uni.
Only playing pick up at the moment

Reply #18521 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Leah Cannon is still playing ball for ORU in Tulsa.

Reply #18538 | Report this post

Behind the scene  
Years ago

Ken Boldt, working for a betting agency in Melbourne

Reply #18571 | Report this post

woodpecker  
Years ago

leanne perkins married and living in salisbury not interstate

Reply #18574 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Kym Swanson was hooping it up with the lads from Somerton Baptist for a few years in SA Church league, but has recently retired from most basketball to pursue a career in the police force.

Nice guy - and a top player to boot.

Reply #18821 | Report this post

bum huggers  
Years ago

Hi, Leanne Perkins is happily married and working at Optus Business Mobile Sales. Plays ball Golden Grove /social comp with with Sharon Forwaker/former North Womans and Opals player.

Reply #21020 | Report this post

The Punisher  
Years ago

Are you sure about Leanne Perkins woody???? Havent seen her husband for ages, thought they must have gone interstate or country or something.

Reply #21032 | Report this post

Supreme Eag  
Years ago

Panther,

A real blast from the past. Some personal favourties, or viewing pleasures maybe???

Reply #21051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bradley Alumni/....how do you get in touch with Harold McMath?

Reply #22000 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Harold works at Harbourtown - Converse store

Reply #22006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In regards to Harold...where is Harbortown..is there a #.....I am a member of the varsity B club who has been trying to locate Harold for quite some time concerning alumni activities...also I use to count on Harold for rides from campus:}....I am now a teacher/coach in Illinois..thanks

Reply #22008 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

try this link for phone #'s

http://www.harbourtownadelaide.com.au/

Reply #22011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TO "the Doctor"...I will try to get in touch with hin thru the info you sent...but, do you see him and if so, could you tell him that his old
..but cool..1980 friends are trying to get in touch..thanks

Reply #22012 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I don't see him, just know he works there. I'm sure someone on this forum would know him and pass on the message. You should leave your name and email details.

Reply #22013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok..if anyone sees Harold McMath please tell him to get in touch with Jan .....at the following email address [email protected]

We are planning on being in Peoria this spring...also, thanks to "the
doctor"

Reply #22014 | Report this post

bumhuggers  
Years ago

Leanne Perkins is married but not to the first guy she was engaged to, she broke it off with him 4 years ago. Married name is now Zacharko. Say that one ten times fast! Surprised she didn't keep her maiden name, god i would have

Reply #23368 | Report this post

rick  
Years ago

i work with Harold at the moment and can pass on the message for ya jan.
i will see him tommorow and let him know.

Reply #39580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tried to get in touch with Harold today but they told me he isnt working at harbourtown anymore. Anyone know were he is as I need to get in touch with him in regards to some shoes.

Reply #39706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone been able to find Harold McMath?

Reply #40334 | Report this post

Jan  
Years ago

Rick....were you able to get in touch with Harold McMath before he left Harbortown....an old college coach actually told me he had heard he was not there anymore...I just returned from a tourny myself and I wish he would help us out back in the states with the game....also saw his brother the other day..let me know ..thanks..I have league tonight and have to get ready..take care and thanks for your help....

Reply #40337 | Report this post

snoopy  
Years ago

Lauren is back in Geelong after a stint in Perth. Still with Shaun and still not playing.

Reply #40564 | Report this post

Claybrin  
Years ago

Harold is my dad, I think he's already heard from someone about Peoria and cannot make it. If you end up seeing his brother again please make sure you tell him Harold and Claybrin both say hi. I would also like to add that his championship ring that he won back in the college days has been returned to him and he is very pleased :)

Reply #40672 | Report this post

Jan  
Years ago

Hey Claybrin.. yout dad's brother was trying to get a football program started in Lincoln..don't know what happened to that idea....tell your dad that all the "old" pictures hanging in the field house are now pictures of us
:-) it is too bad we bever hear from your dad because most of us are now Central Illinois coaches.....thinking about retiring...tell him not to forget us, we haven't changed..just better
take care..goof luck with basketball
Jan

Reply #40813 | Report this post

Ricky Noack  
Years ago

Hi
I just want to correct some miss information. I was not injured in the running of the bulls and I am not very ill. I am fine and happy being a primary school teacher. I have been teaching for the past 15 years. I hope this corrects any miss information.
Cheers
Ricky :)

Reply #42788 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

What about these dudes for "old school", such as:

Grant Yates (NCT)
Bryn Singer (Sth)
Ben Osborne (Sturt/Norwood?/NCT/..?)
James Tiplady (Nth)
Martin Barmentloo (Sturt)
Shannon Gourlay (NCT)
Damien Hrynkew (Sth)
Simon Bennett (Nth)
Tim Brenton (W/Ville)
Chris Hampel (Sturt)

and does anyone know what Butch Hays has being doing since he left the Sixers? That dude was one funny man!

What about Kirsty Bauer? Renee Maddern? Karen Chapman? and some of those Norwood girls who played against the girls above?

Reply #43143 | Report this post

chappy  
Years ago

wayne chapman is living in the southwest of w.a. married for 7 years and has a 2 year old boy. still fit and healthy but not playing ball anymore

Reply #48088 | Report this post

Moshe Mango  
Years ago

I would like to know who anonymous is?? how do you know what I am doing and where I live and who are you???? get back to me I am just curious as to who you are

Moshe

Reply #55463 | Report this post

car we  
Years ago

You know who I am now ?????

Reply #61142 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Chris Hampel is Married with 2 kids and is a Physio for the Crows.

Martin - I'm married, live in Warrnambool and work for BHP.

I had heard that Damien Hrynkew took to Country music while in the US and change his name.

Reply #69923 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

True Moose, Damien did take up "both kinds - Country & Western"
(Blues Brothers reference)

Reply #77542 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Butch Hays is in Newcastle and was a minor shareholder of the Hunter Pirates and had front office duties as well. Not sure what he is doing now.

Reply #77590 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Anybody know what happened to Ken Richardson? Best import to ever play here in Australia.

Reply #77592 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I believe he's in Adelaide..?

Reply #77746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Leon Trimmingham? He was one of the greatest imports

Reply #77813 | Report this post

Judy Inkster  
Years ago

Stoked to see that someone actually remembers me!!
Yes, living in Kingston with a guy I met on an Easter trip in '03. At the moment I'm working at the local hospital part time in the area of organising activities for the aged care residents of the hospital and a low care hostel adjoining it. I was playing lacrosse before I left the big smoke (Adelaide) pretty hectically. Not playing sport now, but doing some surfing, and riding my bike and running to exercise our two blue heeler dogs - and myself :)
Really enjoying not having to get up at an ungodly hour on a Sunday to train, play or coach... but miss being part of a team. I talk with Karyn Lowe sort of regularly-ish and would still rate basketball as my all time favourite sport. I'm an avid gardener now and also love doing mosaic work and going to the beach to find stuff to make more stuff with. If you are ever passing by the Big Lobster think of me!!! We bow to "Larry" every day when we head down the street. Take it easy - have a beer for me. Judy

Reply #83826 | Report this post

Jan  
Years ago

I put a message on the other site, however hoping someone can get the word to Harold McMath concerning his brother...his brother is sick and things are not real positive right now...if someone sees Harold Or Claybrin could you give them this message..thanks

Reply #85136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

messaged passed on Jan

Reply #85161 | Report this post

Claybrin  
Years ago

Dad needs phone numbers because he can't contact his brothers. If you have any can you please email them to me, or even email me yours so we can find out whats going on.

Reply #85233 | Report this post

Jan  
Years ago

I got it from a guy who works with one of the Spfield bball team..you can email me at [email protected] ...I can give you the details.... I heard it yesterday and I can get more specifics...I can actually go down and see them all if he would like....

Reply #85277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is Simon Bennett? He was the North golden child... Where is he now??

Reply #115040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumours abound....

Reply #120309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John Culbertson works for Harvey Norman in Darwin

Reply #182097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #213777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lauren Green is living in Geelong Coaching and has just returned to playing this year. Lauren is single and working at Centrelink.

Reply #213778 | Report this post

MAD  
Years ago

The Shadow - Jason White
The Molester - Lester Fontville
Kim Swanson
Sonya Cudmore
H - Harold McMath
Leanne Perkins
Big John - John Culbertson
Ken Bolt
Simon Cottril
Ricky Noack
Russel Macadam
Dean Brogan
Annie Barclay
Matt Reece
Wayne Chapman
Wade Hampton
Leanne Featherstonhall
Mal Penno
Kaye Elston
James Tiplady
Brenton Hall
Lauren Green
Judy Insker

It is a shame that when you remember players like these that Stats weren't fully kept or archieved somewhere so you could go back and say I remember when they played for that team and had there greatest season. If only we had a Website that leagues across Aus could combine the stats and teams of players so they won't be forgotten, similiar to what eurobasket or australiabasket does with exisiting players now.

Reply #287886 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

I agree with MAD. Australian Basketball Leagues should be keeping all the historical data.

I think it keeps current networks strong. Playing in Masters Games has made me more aware of the value of networks, for social reasons obviously, but also for business reasons, I've discovered.

Sport contacts become business contacts, etc.

Reply #287898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grant Yates is the best Basketball player I have ever seen

Reply #493075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754