the_champ33
Years ago

Goorjan: 'There is no need to panic'

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23855788-23769,00.html

Topic #16126 | Report this topic

bretts the man  
Years ago

Good on you Goorg. you have been bought another premiership team doesnt matter you might not have too many teams to beat soon unless something positive happens to get decent owners and sponsors to save league starting with Bullets . See NBL almost saying Bullets should be ok . NBL should be setting up Kings players to go easily to Bullets and reduce costs to buy liscence as a start to stop NBL bleeding and give those Kings players a extra team to go to along with a home for Bullets players. Chucky babe for f--ks sake do something or get the hell out and let someone with some enterprise have a go.
No point even us getting excited about new coach and a new positive team as we are not out of woods past this season yet either . Great game I just want more people to enjoy not become a nothing competition

Reply #189843 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All clubs are trying to buy championship teams. Cowan might be bleeding money thanks to two disastrous seasons, but he is doing a lot right with branding and advertising and all it will take is a few good derbies and a winning team to get things on track.

He's also right in that, at some cost, you have to eliminate the dodgier owners in the league. Things can't move forward otherwise.

Reply #189849 | Report this post

Rach  
Years ago

What on earth is Chucky doll referring to when he says "I have a level of comfort that the Bullets will survive, I've been talking to some people up there, they've told me that there are plans in place that will see them survive," Harmison said.

My understanding from what is going on up here, is that nobody wants to touch us with a 50 foot pole do to virtually nobody on the playing roster, turn-off publicity with all the buyer-no buyer issues we've had, players reluctantly having to talk to other clubs, Sarina Russo pulling out and some of the guys not even being kept informed that she was interested at the time, etc.

What is Chuck referring to here- it sounds like some covert thing most people are being kept in the dark about!

Reply #189873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I too think this is interesting-
is Harmison prepared to dip into the hardship fund for the Bullets over their woes, which didn't eventuate until suddenly at the end of the season????

Reply #189884 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Can't see how Goorg can be blamed for the Kings demise in any way. He won them championships, was in the finals almost every year and did so with strong Aussie content in the team and well scouted and exciting imports. Brought Shane Heal to the team in a very successful recruiting coup. Had to deal with major roster changes every year.

I blame Johnson. No marketing, big ego and is clearly a crook.

If anyone has been dumb enough to become a Firepower salesperson, or drop one of those pills in your petrol tank, take some comfort in knowing this guy duped a whole heap of people along the way.

Reply #189889 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

So Carey and Roo don't use this stuff?

Wow!

Reply #189894 | Report this post

fox  
Years ago

I think it's hillarious that every team Goorg has coached sooner or later goes broke.
You're Next Dragons !!

Reply #189992 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

Fox.....
I don't think that will happen anytime soon
Sydney had 40k nutrition program that Gorj put the kings players on....

Dragons already have major sponsor that gives them that for Free.....

Cowan Industries and Raffi Giminder are not going to run out of money....Both are chairman of very profitable businesses

So Fox....Put a sock in it you MUPPET and go back home and sit on ur sour stick

DRAGONS 08/09, 09/10, 10/11 = CHAMPIONS

Reply #190006 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Agree with Fox. Cant wait to say "we told you so" Oldschool

Reply #190029 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:21 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754