Amare
Years ago

70 Win Season?

Anyone think that the suns might be able to win 70 games this season?

Topic #1616 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Amare but last I heard Phoenix did not have a Michael Jordan on their list

Reply #18412 | Report this post

steve nash and Amare are scary, seventy wins is just the beginning!

Reply #18413 | Report this post

andrew  
Years ago

dont know bout 70 wins but they can take the championship

Reply #18415 | Report this post

I was, coincidentally, thinking about this the other day. They are about 30-4, right? I think they could easily get to 70 wins.

Reply #18416 | Report this post

Tractor  
Years ago

Who cares about how many wins they get in the reg season - its all about the playoffs. No one will remember 70 wins if they choke in the playoffs.

Reply #18419 | Report this post

Baron  
Years ago

I'm more interested to see if New Orleans can get to 10 wins!

Reply #18422 | Report this post

Big Fella  
Years ago

Doesn't matter once they run into Shaq and Miami in the Finals. The Heat all the way!

Reply #18423 | Report this post

Pip  
Years ago

Not mentally tough enough to win 70 like the bulls did.

Reply #18424 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

miami @ phoenix play tomorrow.....should be interesting

Reply #18432 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Especially considering Miami are coming off a loss to Seattle!

Reply #18433 | Report this post

road trip  
Years ago

phoenix have a road trip at the end of january. 6 games in 9 days against: new york, milwaukee, boston, toronto- all eastern conference teams, and then memphis and minnesota on the way back home. we should have a pretty good idea of where they're at after that trip. the 92 bulls were coasting towards 70 wins in the season before they went on the texas road trip and lost 3 straight games, and they had jordan.

Reply #18436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best thing about Phoneix is all 5 starters average 15ppg or more. Good distribution. Other teams rely on one scorer. e.g. Iverson in Phily, Lebron in Cleveland, Kobe in LA. I think they will go all the way because different guys can step up.

Reply #18448 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I don't think they will maybe 65 but 70 is a huge task and they haven't hit a rough patch in the season yet.
Well see after the Texas trip if they are for real

Reply #18500 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

Phoneix have one of the best starting 5 assembled for a while.there first 5 beats andy in the nba.they need to produce a sixth man to go far in the finals.they could get a 70 win season if there 5 stays fit.

Reply #18505 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

I would not put it past them at all. big starting 5. maybe lacking on the bench (weak point) but with ya starters scoring bould 15+ a game. who needs a bench

Reply #18516 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

Valley of the Sun?

More like the top of the NBA world. Shaq and Amaré canceled each other out, scoring 34 apiece, but Phoenix was in control throughout Tuesday's clash of East and West powers, beating Miami 122-107.

Reply #18605 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The five starters each scored 14 or more. I think the prediction could be on the mark -- they certainly have a lot of firepower.

Reply #18611 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

i think its likely but they could use a center and move amare down to pf and marions down to sf i think amare could be more effective as a pf

Reply #18670 | Report this post

Jazz Man  
Years ago

If they cant beat Utah on the road then they will struggle with the big road trips. Low to mid 60's at the best

Reply #18731 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

the main reason they lost that game is because there starters became Fatigued and they have no bench to rely on. it was a rare game from utah and dont think it was a sign of things to come from the suns

Reply #18757 | Report this post

Jazz Man  
Years ago

Mr (not so) Clutch
That is exactly why I am saying they will not win 70 games. If their starters are fatigued and cannot beat the Jazz imagine what they will be like on a long road trip or a seven game series.

Reply #18766 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754