marcus
Years ago

Joey at Wildcats training?

hi all, just saw a news clip on the wildcats website about stephen weigh, when the camera cut to longley and vlahov, there was a man next to vlahov who looked a lot like joey wright? any info?

hope weight doesn't sign with the cats and the bullets can save themselves and he goes there!

Topic #16178 | Report this topic

Uh-oh  
Years ago

This can't be Joey??
Eddy and management report that Joey is in Texas scouting but also from news reports here they say his return date is open-ended.
The Cats coaching role is taken, right?
Have they signed an assistant coach?
Maybe he is looking at that?
(Because some of the players said about 2 wks ago they didn't know if he'd come back)
Either way, Joey has to make it back- his family is here and his Chi Bar nightclub need to be sorted.

Reply #190607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its not joey you fool

Reply #190637 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

Where on the wildcats website is the article? I don't see it...

Reply #190641 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

And now I do.

Reply #190642 | Report this post

Beljulian  
Years ago

Haha. That's CJ Jackson you saw, a Wildcats assistant coach.

Reply #190681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that up mate :)

Reply #190695 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Weigh to the cats is a done deal. and that was CJ Jackson the cats assistant coach.

Reply #190701 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

I didn't know it was a done deal? I thought it was his first option if the Bullets fold. I thought there would have been an announcement if he had signed already. With all the surprises in Australian basketball lately nothing surprises me.

Reply #190703 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would he wait on the Bullets (again) though? If he sat on his hands, they could take Tovey (for example) and Weigh would have a very slim chance of finding a spot for 08/09.

Reply #190707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ALL the new look Bullets players for this season were released from their contracts when the news of Kemp jumping ship broke- this has been reported several times, so ANY players signing elsewhere is not surprising to us, except WHO they end up going to.
Some reports say Gibbo will join Ebi at the Dragons and others say he will have to sit out the season.
Is the NBL going to adjust potentially 30 guys points to fit them in at other clubs?
How the hell are they gonna work this thing?

Reply #190724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ALL the new look Bullets players for this season were released from their contracts when the news of Kemp jumping ship broke- this has been reported several times, so ANY players signing elsewhere is not surprising to us, except WHO they end up going to.
Some reports say Gibbo will join Ebi at the Dragons and others say he will have to sit out the season.
Is the NBL going to adjust potentially 30 guys points to fit them in at other clubs?
How the hell are they gonna work this thing?

Reply #190725 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

I do know that Weigh is only really interested in staying in Brisbane and playing in Perth is just his backup. He'll wait till the death knock before signing elsewhere (if the Bullets do fold), I guarantee it.
As for the others I did hear Gibbo and Ebi were joining the Dragons also. Shall be an interesting week or so I imagine.
Personally I can't believe so many have remained loyal to Brisbane, I would've jumped ship weeks ago after the initial instability surfaced.

Reply #190735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Mick Hill (I can hear the sighs and groans but whatever) is the only one to have not packed up and left in search of other options.
Say what you will but here in Bris we like the guy on and off court.
It's good to see someone at least, not bite the hand that has fed them well so long unlike those who vowed to stay initially and simultaneously bolted via the back door, then badmouth them to the press.
To say this city is disappointed with that would be an understatement.
Lucky someone has honour.

Reply #190737 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

As they say, honour amongst thieves...

I am sure Hill is a very nice guy, but his reputation in Adelaide as the 'bad guy' is well earned.

Reply #190743 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

The cats told weigh thats he's gonna be a instrumental and a paramount part of there future. he might be coming off the bench, but he'll still get significant minutes. thats what clinched the deal. trust me, if the bullets fold, he's a Wildcat.

As for tovey, Weigh is light years ahead of him. it was a non-brainer for the cats who to chase. weigh is a future boomer and a legit star.

Reply #190754 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Tovey hates the wildcats after he and AV had a dispute. There is no chance of a Tovey/Wildcats reunion.

Reply #190782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See?
We DO produce some good Qld talent!
Seriously, I don't mind losing Weigh or any of the new look team to any other clubs- it's harder for them to build a rep as Adam Tanner said.
And besides, they have no dues to pay as such- they're not the ones that expect from others what they can't be within themselves like some of last year's roster.
If the Cats take him, I'm happy for him.

Reply #190800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XY- Honour amongst thieves- whatever!
I'm sure there are players in Adelaide that you guys worship, but elsewhere the opinion is divided- thanks for throwing that barb though.
When are you guys gonna sign Dusty so we can stop having to read his drivel on his blog about the Bullets?

Reply #190804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chuck is still convinced that the Bullets can survive this thing although everyone up here is still scratching their heads as to how that would be possible, including management.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/sport/bullets-fate-squarely-in-groves-hands/2008/06/19/1213770819707.html

Reply #190808 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not at the moment I don't think there is. Previously we had 'big sexy' to fill that role. I am sure that, like Reesy or Shane Heal or Darren Lucas or whoever, Hill would like the controversy - which of course he created for himself.

Would you have preferred 'Honour amongst (alleged) thieves'?

Being serious for a second, I am sure that it the Brissy and Sydney guys are doing it tough with the uncertainty they are going through at the moment. I would prefer they had a team to play with, because it is not as much fun having rivalries with players and teams that aren't playing.

Reply #190823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I think alleged is better- especially considering that every club has cheated in some way- all that differs is the depth.
Anyway, yes, I actually would be ok with even picking up Sydney players if we can survive this although I agree that it's difficult to see how that outcome would happen.
The Bullets and Kings have always had a NSW/QLD rivalry- exaggerated by the Kings/CJ incident, but if it came to it and everyone else that was initially signed had moved on, I honestly wouldn't mind picking up ex Kings.
Besides, who cares about CJ's incident when he did the dirty on us too in the end!

Reply #190836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cj isnt loyal to anybody but himself.
learn that lesson and learn it now.

Reply #190839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, speaking of Mick, (now be nice people) who were those 2 guys that posted that youtube video and interviewed him when he was down there and they asked him a lot of questions about Dusty and losing his licence?
Those guys are from Adelaide, right? So there must be at least two people in Adelaide that like Mick.

I can't find the video anymore (Mick actually had a link to it on his site before he shut it down) but it was quite crude looking and seemed as though the guys did the 'show' from their bedrooms or garage or something....

Reply #190841 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754