Anonymous
Years ago

NBA Live Not On PC? - WHY?

Can anyone tell me why EA are no longer making the NBA Live games on PC? I'm devastated over this. I only have a PC and I much prefer PC gaming.

Topic #16246 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not as profitable as on consoles.

Reply #191318 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Its PC... Enough said.

Reply #191325 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

nba live 08 is on PC... what the hell you on about?

Reply #191328 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Buy it online from DVD Crave

Reply #191337 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

They arnt making any more ie 09 etc etc is what he means.

Reply #191344 | Report this post

BarkoftheDog  
Years ago

nba live sucks anyway.

2k ftw.

Reply #191351 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

True that!

Reply #191352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA Live is always made for PC

Reply #191356 | Report this post

Years ago

NBA Live was always too cumbersome to control on PC, unless you have one of those handheld controllers made for PCs. It's simply much easier and fun to play on consoles IMO. The only advantage PC gave IMO was for roster updates, add-ons/patches and roster file editing.

I much prefered NBA 2K8 this year to NBA Live 08. This year's edition of Live was garbage IMO due to the annoying stats issue.

Reply #191365 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Go out and buy a USB connection for your console controller. Costs about $15 on ebay. I play NBA Live 2007 on my laptop with my playstation controller.

Reply #191459 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

2k8 better than live? ur kidding me...

Live Pros:
Better Graphics
Simple controls
More realistic motion

Live Cons:
The glitches (free throw miss, shoot into backboard, dunk to layup ratio, shooting ability for some people, double dribble)

2k8 Pros:
Nothing

2k8 Cons:
Everything

Reply #191474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Live Cons:
The glitches (free throw miss, shoot into backboard, dunk to layup ratio, shooting ability for some people, double dribble)"

So basically you're saying the cons in NBA Live are everything that makes a real game of basketball?

This is where I believe 2k8 has the upper hand. Gameplay is more realistic to a real game. So if you're after a real game of basketball and not interested in fancy graphics (yet 2k8 isn't lacking as such in this aspect) then 2k8 is the game of choice.

And I like how you said Live has simple controls ricey... they play pretty much the same way.

And it's amazing, search around and you'll see it's not only here that people would prefer 2k over Live.

Reply #191492 | Report this post

cat 22  
Years ago

eerrr nba 2k games HAVE NEVER BEEEN ON PC so it doesnt matter

Reply #205891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754