Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats sign Weigh for three years

The Perth Wildcats have announced the signing of Stephen Weigh for the next three years.

With numerous NBL clubs expressing strong interest in the 21-year-old star guard on his return from the US, the Wildcats are excited to have been successful in gaining his services until 2011.

Weigh averaged 19 points and five rebounds a game during his two years at the Australian Institute of Sport. He spent the following two years at the University of Utah where played alongside WA centre Luke Nevill.
More at NBL.com.au

Smart signing. Someone once called him 'the next Newley' - guess we'll see if they were on the money soon.

Topic #16255 | Report this topic

Kingjames  
Years ago

That has got to be one of the worst pictures a player could have when they are getting promoted into the NBL :P

Reply #191480 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

They've been using that picture for a while now on the NBL site.

I thought he'd already signed with Brisbane?

Reply #191487 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He signed with the Kemp-led consortium which bailed on the purchase. Those contracts (Weigh, Tanner, Rigby, Petrie) were more or less canned.

Reply #191491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get with this century Moses!

Reply #191493 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Play nice, anonymous. I'm still excited about the Bulls signing Vinny Del Negro. Though not a star, he should solve their point guard problems for the next decade.

PS. Yes, I'm kidding.

Reply #191504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was kidding Moses.

Reply #191509 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Well ive been saying this for a while now. he was a wildcat for a while now. now it's official. the cats pretty much needed a commitment and the brissy uncertianty was the final straw that broke trhe camals back.

Reply #191511 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Also Hinder to the cats is not reality. the cats are looking at the lakeside import(SBL) to fillout there roster.

Reply #191514 | Report this post

jamal  
Years ago

aaron shaw or charleston long??

Reply #191515 | Report this post

unlvrebelx  
Years ago

What a small world....the guy on top of Weigh on that NBL press release of Weigh's signing is none other than Jovan "Wink" Adams of UNLV. UNLV and the University of Utah are in the same collegiate conference.

Reply #191524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'The truth'- from what could be made out from your grammar, the ins and outs of Weigh's signing is more like a half truth.
Weigh's another from Brisbane who was reported on this forum as waiting for the Bullets death before looking to sign elsewhere.
Today's the 25th- there's only 5 days to go before the outcome is confirmed or if Chuck really can pull a rabbit out of his hat with Stephenson like he seems to think.
Weigh signed with the Bullets months ago- I seriously doubt waiting 5 days would be fatal.

Reply #191532 | Report this post

Dry back  
Years ago

so my information wasn't all that bad when i heard he was heading west.

Reply #191539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754