Anonymous
Years ago

The Bullets fate

with Brian Stephenson is now to be decided by the NBL either tonight or by tomorrow morning as quoted in the Sunday Mail yesterday.

Topic #16305 | Report this topic

Chony  
Years ago

Just got an email.....it's all over

Reply #192094 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

OFFICIAL: http://bullets.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=75338

Reply #192095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chony this was publicly circulated over an hour ago.
Whoever sent you an email perhaps took a while to let you know.

Reply #192102 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Anon, given that Chony posted 'more than an hour' before you, I would say they were right on the money.

Reply #192106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/16307/

Reply #192111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ppffttt!
We heard this in Brisbane around 10am.
Anyway, there seems to be another thread that has been posted that is a little more in depth than the bantering going on here.

Reply #192114 | Report this post

Sporting Dad  
Years ago

The Bullets website says they "handed back" the licence. While it goes on to say that they were looking for buyers, is the door still ajar for Brisbane?

Could be an interesting carrot to dangle in from of a possible telecaster. Considering a licence is worth say $1M on the open market, could the broadcasting rights could be offered with the licence?

You would see Bullets, Bullets, Bullets each week, but maybe it is a small price to pay (after all we see Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood, etc each week)

To me "handing back" the licence is different to loosing it completely. Sydney seem to have lost it due to bankruptcy and illegal activity, Brisbane seem to be in a position where they could "trade" out of receivership.

Isaac, you seem to be the man in the know. Could an 11th hour team be put together?

Reply #192116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eddy is driving this thing- he said that if he couldn't find a buyer that he thought could come up with the goods, he would "hand it back".
Technically they have until close of business today, but it's a no-brainer that they couldn't finanise this in the next 5 hours or 8 working hours if it still wasn't finalised as at Friday evening and we have just come back from the weekend.

The Kings fans are in a totally different scenario.
Their owner bailed- ours still tried to have too much control even on his way out.
I know there are plenty of well connected fans that could pull this thing out of the mud, but they've had Eddy to contend with.
Perhaps now that the licence goes back to the NBL, of something were to band together collectively, the NBL might be a bit more open minded about it?
If the Kings fans can rally around financially, then so can the Bullets.
There is no shortage of interest or funds out there to put together a consortium- it might be possible now with Groves no longer hanging on to it with an iron fist.

Reply #192120 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sporting Dad, see the media release I quoted in the other Bullets thread - NBL are saying they're out.

I think we'll have a positive Kings announcement in the next couple of days.

Reply #192131 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Kings are NOT dead...watch this space

Reply #192204 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754