Anonymous
Years ago

the bays

there the greatest, 11 in a row, sanfl premiers 2008

Topic #16392 | Report this topic

bolks  
Years ago

Its great to see that the tigers are have a great season after having a pretty bad run over past years. (except last years run).

And plus, I'm just glad that Central Districts aren't winning anymore.

Reply #193070 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

oh baby the tiges in footy and the panthers are gonna see finals in basketball. Its been a while!!!

Reply #193072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when sturt get there players back from the power it will all be over with.

Reply #193095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it would have been great to seen sturt with thompson bently and i think deluca who both played for the power against the bays last week. i imagine they would have made a big impact on the game.

Reply #193106 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Good to see the wheels are back on and they have struck up the bandwagon, plenty of mothball smells around the bays. Way to dust off the gear from the 80's guys. Watch out though the Mighty Magpies are on the rise!!!!!!

Reply #193109 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

go the bays, great post!

Reply #193112 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

Reply #193121 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

Forgot to add, go you mighty bays! Long way to go though.

Reply #193122 | Report this post

1990 Magpies  
Years ago

1990 is still one of the BEST SANFL grand finals.

When the tigers can lay claim to beating the Magpies in a GF, then you may have something to CROW about.

Reply #193135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee, the last time you won a premiership there was no such thing as colour photos.

Reply #193141 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Only time they beat the Magpies in a Grand Final 1934.... Rumour has it that several Port players were bribed by Glenelg. Port officials found out and a number of players never pulled on the Black and White again. Must be a bunch of Crows supporters at gay land.... living in the past

Reply #193243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals will win it all again they always do...remember the day i sed that july 8 2008...mmm

Reply #193295 | Report this post

Years ago

When I was in town on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago, a guy who had a Glenelg stubbie holder on his wrist came up to me and said "The Bays! Ten in a row!". I was like "Haha right, good stuff". Then I thought to myself "Well it's only taken them about 15 years to be decent again" :-p

To be fair though, the creation of the Adelaide Crows in the early 1990s really did take away a lot of Glenelg mainstays and up-and-comers (McDermott, Jameison etc.), and they took a long time to recover. I support Norwood, and even though they've been down for a few years, seeing Glenelg's recent resurgence gives hope to other former powers of the SANFL (such as the Redlegs and Port Adelaide) that they can rise again.

South Adelaide however, well, they're stuffed as always :-P Chronic underaceivers in the past couple of years anyway.

Reply #193347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754