Quagmire
Years ago

Surprise Rookies for season 08/09?

Which rookie is going to perform at a level far higher than anticipated?

Some summer league results suggest a few things, depending if you take the comp seriously...

My tip will be Roy Hibbert- Purely because i think he will actually enjoy playing against people his own size instead of chasing 6'8 or 6'9 college centers...

Topic #16513 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I've been a big fan of the Hibbert since I learnt he was in the draft and from the Georgetown Hoyas.

I think this bloke will thrive in the NBA and enjoy playing with fellow 7ft centres are previously quoted.

Reply #194506 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

I Think Mario Chalmers will be a good point guard, with enough playing time he could be quite efficiant

Reply #194516 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I dunno about Hibbert, he's not that mobile (which I guess was your point about not chasing round smaller centres) and if I had a 4 inch advantage on all my opponents I wouldn't especially be looking forward to having that advantage wiped away (or conceiding that advantage when I played Houston).

Reply #194547 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754