Phizzer
Years ago

Gretel Tippett: 15yo Aussie girl dunking?

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24110866-12428,00.html

Anyone seen this girl actually dunk?

Topic #16676 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The video in the article seems to show a couple of those "well, technically it might be kind of a dunk" lay-ups.

Reply #196156 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Agreed.

But has anyone here seen the girl play? I assume she's got skills to go with that height, leap and genes?

I remember when Trish Fallon was going to be the first Aussie woman to dunk, plyometrics and weights galore but still couldn't get up there.

Reply #196157 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

So did I read correctly that it is Kurt Tippett's sister?

Reply #196159 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Thats very impressive!

Reply #196160 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Yes SVD.

191cms at 15? I hope her knees hold up!

What club is she playing at (and for that matter, where did Kurt play)?

Reply #196166 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

Yes SVD.

I was gonna roll into wayville around half seven, but after seeing that - i'll probably try to get there closer to six. $5 a ticket - to see quality basketball, i'm there!

Just out of curiosity, how much is a spectator fee for our junior district games these days?

Reply #196167 | Report this post

Carpenter  
Years ago

Gretel can flat out play.

Reply #196169 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

From QLD. She is definietly headeed for AIS - and is an absolute gun.

Reply #196171 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

a 15 year opld playing for Australian u19 team. Yeh, I'm pretty sure she can play a bit!

Reply #196177 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

she a freak !!!

Reply #196197 | Report this post

The Wolf  
Years ago

Look at her stats from U16 Natinals.

AVE 21pts, 15.6, rebs, 2.3 ast, 4.2 blks.

As well as having:

25pts, 24 rebs, 1 ast, 6 blks against SAC.

and

27pts, 23rebs, 4 ast, 9 blks against SAM.

Reply #196201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She plays for Gold Coast in Qld (as did Kurt I believe) and Qld South at Nationals.

EASILY the best player at 16s.

Reply #196209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair sure she is Dean's new favorite at the AIS. I mean, she's not there yet but word is he thinks she's the best prospect to date...

Reply #196231 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

She is very,very good and a nice person to go with it.
Not easily the best player at Qld U/16's I can tell you.Nadeen Payne(T'ville)is equally as talented.

Reply #196243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

best prospect since LJ

Reply #196272 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Peter Maravich: $4.50 - I went to see a couple of my mates play tonight at the Port Adelaide "Stadium".

Reply #196339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She isn't the best prospect since LJ...
Have you not heard of one 6ft9 basketball BEAST already at the institute? Liz cambage? SHE is going to carry australia's hopes in the future.

Reply #196381 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Were gonna end up with a shorter guys team with all the girls comming through

Reply #196393 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

She is the best thing since Lauren. The reason why is her athletic ability which Liz doesn't have. Her stats at Nationals were more impressive when you take into note she only played 2 minutes in one game. Has all the tools already.

Reply #196419 | Report this post

amanda jones  
Years ago

Um Paul not sure if you noticed that Liz is 6'8" not 6'3" slight difference there and you clearly haven't seen liz play if you think she has no athletic ability.

Reply #196565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz has limited athletic ability, doesnt use her height to advantage and is mentally very soft - just watch her on the weekend - crying on the bench, sooking when given a nudge by opposition... If she sorts those things out then she is a prospect for sure, until then she is not flash

Reply #196585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She is very,very good and a nice person to go with it.
Not easily the best player at Qld U/16's I can tell you.Nadeen Payne(T'ville)is equally as talented.

Nadeen is a very good player ,but Gretel is a exellent player would not call it close.Her court sense ,athletism and can do it all from a very young age ,has absolute huge potential,and great personality to go with her talent

Reply #196586 | Report this post

Milly  
Years ago

WOULD MAKE FAR MORE AT MODELLING,,,,,,,

Reply #196590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see her big brother Kurt at the games on the weekend , even had time to throw up some shots at the half time break,the boy can still shoot the ball,

Reply #196592 | Report this post

Spicey  
Years ago

On a side note, did the parents have a Sound of Music obsession?? She was named Gretel and the brother is named Kurt. Are there any other brothers or sisters in the family?

Reply #196623 | Report this post

robin  
Years ago

much more poised than cambage who has a big ego and big sook with soft attitude. Needs toughening up and putting on some weight but good prospect. Cambage better watch out.

Reply #196639 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

What position does Gretel play is she a 5 like Liz or a 4/5?? Liz certainly doesn't have the same atheletic ability as Gretel but she does have a height and size advantage, but she looks really lazy and soft. Gretel seems more energetic but I haven't seen much of either of them to comment too much. Saw the games on the weekend and Liz certainly doesn't look like a total standout even considering how huge she is. None of the bigs looked great.

Reply #196702 | Report this post

amanda jones  
Years ago

I will take a lazy soft 19 points and 10 rebounds in 14 minutes anyday! I dont know what you were watching but I saw a team that hasn't played a lot together and no amount of training gives you match practice! They will all be fine Gretel is a great kid and so is Liz but there isnt a comparison and they dont play the same spot in the age group so why not leave them alone and let them get on with it.

Reply #196715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha yes there is another brother named Joel... poor guy left out of the Sound of Music following! He plays for the Brisbane Lions on the rookie list I believe...
Gretel is a great girl and if she can keep her nice personality and attitude will go much further than Cambage unless Cambage picks up her attitude.
They seemed disjointed but looking at who scored all their points while they were away on last two tours maybe a few of the 'stars' were a bit down (not due to lack of trying). Still much work to be done if they are to go any where at Worlds....

Reply #196753 | Report this post

robin  
Years ago

As far as I could see she did play same position but is more versatile. aLSO STARTED IN FRONT OF CAMBAGE ON 2 OCCASIONS IN HER SPOT.

Reply #196754 | Report this post

Balls not here  
Years ago

Hey Robin you are so right you think she will play the 5 often? guess they must have gotten the stats mixed up cause from what I saw Cambage had the numbers so give it up and let them play? Go hate on Cambage somewhere else cause anyone who knows anything about bball thinks that she is doing just fine and Gretel is a gun. We can have more then one kid that can play surely? I think that it is brilliant that she can dunk just like its great that cunningham can dunk and its great for the game and adds to the spectacle so be happy and support them cause they need it they are only kids!

Reply #196823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is Gretel going to th AIS
Who else is expected in the next batch of athletes going up there.

Reply #198210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i kissed her and she definitely has some talent

Reply #198354 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

AIS may take one next year, thats all!

Reply #199976 | Report this post

Bernadette  
Years ago

Gret is my niece and yes her height is very freakish for a 15yr old, just like brotherrs Kurt (crows) and Joel (Lions). It comes from there grandfather Pa Mick (Moy) who was a very tall lean man who was also quiet sporty. We adored him!!
Auntie Berna

Reply #215251 | Report this post

wayville 29  
Years ago

I have seen her play and she can dunk for sure bow that she is 16

Reply #232088 | Report this post

Lauren Randall  
Years ago

i love gretel

Reply #233321 | Report this post

Lauren Randall  
Years ago

gretel is the best, i'm in economics with her right now and we are bored so i'm writing this comment. anyways gretel is the next lauren jackson and she's gonna be famous p.s. she loves Jackson A

Reply #233322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754