frangipani
Years ago

hillcrest refs get a bollocking

You won't often see in print such a bald attack as Boti gives in today's tiser. Did others who saw the Flames Prelim final loss think this? I've often seen very unusual calls in junior games that might suggest a certain one-sidedness, if one didn't know better that all refs are utterly objective at all times.

Topic #16821 | Report this topic

RANDOM  
Years ago

Boti was obviously not at the game and got all his info from a Norwood player/spectator. North were in foul trouble early with Jo and Jamie both having to take to the bench and sit out most of the game. I do agree that the refs over called the game but I also believe North did a great defensvie job on Norwood and credit should be given where it is due. Norwood were just out classed by North on the night and that is how it should have been written up in the paper. Boti take another holiday and make it a one way ticket.
Go the rockets.

Reply #197991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SO well said Random. Boti never seems to find a good thing to say about North. The game had plenty of positives that he could have focused on in the article.

Reply #198018 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

I think Boti has been very favorable to the Rockets mens program over the past couple of years

Reply #198019 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

12 offensive fouls in a game must be a season high?

Reply #198023 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Well at 6 offensive fouls you would think the players would adjust to whats being called.

Reply #198148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like all North supporters replied so far. I was at the game and am not a Norwood supporter.

I must agree with Boti on this one though, it was terrible reffing. One foul credited on Foley when it wasn't hers, then a third offensive 30 Seconds later to get fouled off and id be hard pressed to beleive that was a foul either.

North were in foul trouble early, they were playing a trap and being called for reaching and blocks. Most of those fouls were fouls. Yes North did outplay Norwood and i dont think anyone would say otherwise, however the referees did have to much imput on the outcome of the game. It more than likely would have been a very close match.

Reply #198167 | Report this post

RANDOM  
Years ago

Sounds like there are no Norwood replies as they would all agree that Foley was stopped by the great defense work of North and not by the Ref's.

Reply #198176 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754