Speed44
Years ago

SBS to show Olyroos do-or-die tonight

has been given the rights to the Olyroos do-or-die match tonight? Maybe Seven have pulled their heads out of their asses and realized they can't monopolize the Aussie teams' events? Or am i just hoping that's the case? Fingers crossed they do the same for the Boomers too.

Topic #16869 | Report this topic

speedy  
Years ago

well if they are NOT going to show those Aussie teams anyways ..then makes sense that someone else should. Someone should tell 7 that the Olympics is NOT just about Swimming !!!

Reply #198655 | Report this post

drb  
Years ago

7 have the rights for australian team sport, sbs doesnt

Reply #198664 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

SBS are showing the Olyroos game tonight live from 9:15 SA time

Reply #198665 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

ch7 have the rights to all Australian events, anything that is seen on SBS is a bonus that ch7 is allwoing SBS to show. Would be good if they let SBS take control of the boomers games, but i doubt it will happen.

Reply #198683 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I am aware that 7 have all the Aussie rights etc, if you read my post it said "SBS has been given....", so 7 have handed them the rights to show it.

If you look in the TV guides it says nothing about SBS showing the Olyroos tonight, but obviously a decision has been made in the last day or two by 7, so who knows, maybe they've heard the complaints somehow ?

Reply #198687 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

When SBS handed over to Les Murray on Monday night he said they were going to show the Olyroos. From what I have seen all the current printed versions of the TV guides ie today's papers show that they aren't showing it, but on yourtv.com.au, the electronic guide, shows SBS as showing.

Yes it would be nice if they could do the same with the Boomers, but can't see it happening.

Looks like the TV will be on SBS tonight and be watching the Opals on one of the streaming sites online.

Reply #198717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

see aus soccer team's SHIT 2 yrs ago world cup is just a fluke. so lets get over it aus media!

Reply #198742 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Back to Glenside now anon #198742 !!

Reply #198755 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

bloody archie thompson gets injured in the most crucial game

Reply #198759 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Olympic soccer tornament is a sham - relative to the football world cup anon #198742... Apples (each country sends its BEST squad) and oranges (u-23(?) plus 1 or 2 overage players (correct me if i am wrong here) - MEH!!!)... That's why the Olympic Bball tornament rocks - the best players/whingers/posers/excuse makers in the world almost always play...

AND...

Hiddink is/was a genuis.

Nuff said.

Reply #198831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754