Big Ads
Years ago

Boomers v USA 9.30pm (CST) Wednesday 20/08/08

It is programmed on the official Olympic website as 8pm in China. Adelaide is 1.5 hours in front of China, therefore it will be 9.30 local time.

Whether Channel 7 show it 9.30 is anyones guess.

Topic #17002 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pumped but kind of scared that we might get hammered at the same time.

Reply #200298 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I said in another thread that this is the game that Australian basketball has been waiting for. Some people were saying on here pre-Olympics that the only thing that could turn around basketball in Australia would be (a) for the Boomers to beat the US, or (b) win the gold medal (or any nice shiny medal).

Well here is the once in a lifetime chance to maybe do both. Sure, we are not expected to win, and sure, we probably won't. But anything can happen in a two horse race, and the fact is we have as good a chance as anyone to beat the US in this tournament. Even the Harlem Globetrotters lost (once).

So, it will probably be a blowout. A result where we lose by less than 30 is probably a pretty good acheivement. But just imagine if we can do the (almost) impossible and snatch this game. It would be huge and one of the most talked about results of any event at these games.

Reply #200300 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes. ( sixers v melbourne starts at 7, but I am close to the dome. I could see both.)

Reply #200302 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

What a chance for the sixers...show the game on a big screen immediately following the game????? A sure fire winner (and money spinner).

(Mod: Your a poet and didn't know it) ;)

Reply #200306 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And if ch7 dosnt show it?! than what do the sixers do

Reply #200315 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

XY - I like your thinking and I too will dare to dream for the next 24 hours. A win here is exactly what the NBL needs to boost the profile of the sport, imagine the publicity it would get. Non basketball fans would still probably know who Kobe and Lebron are, and if the Boomers notched an Olympic win over them the public at large would stand up and take note, flock to the NBL in their masses and the sport would be saved.

If there's ever a time to cash in on our 1 in a 100 win against Team USA then the time in now. The very future of the sport depends on it.

Reply #200359 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Surely sixers could talk to channel 7 and get a live and uninterrupted feed of the game?

Reply #200361 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll definitely stay @ The Dome to watch this match straight after the 36ers game if they can broadcast it.

One problem could be being sponsored by channel 9 and have a Corporate Box for them.

But awesome potential.

Reply #200376 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ch7 just ran a big lead up promo for tomorrow night's game - does that mean they will show it live????? They have promised so much and delivered very little.

Reply #200384 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was a very good promo., wasn't it. Getting excited already. Sounds promising for the coverage.

Reply #200385 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It had that sense of build up...it was good and had me wanting more. But will Ch7 deliver what we want?

Reply #200386 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

They are saying we should make a date with them for tomorrow nite. We could be waiting for them being late.

Reply #200387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely they will show it?!

Reply #200389 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I sent the 36ers an email asking them to try to show it on the big screens after the game.

See what happens and if I receive a reply.

Others on here have recently complained about lack of email replies from the club.

Reply #200390 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

SBS is going to show all other 3 finals so 7 better do the right thing!!!

SBS:
4-5.45 ESP V CRO
7-8 LTU V CHN
11.45-1 ARG V GRE

Reply #200391 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Suppose 9.30 is about right. Too much later and non-basketball fans will switch off.
( It is a shame sixers don't reply)

Reply #200394 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I am going to try for the Sixers/Boomers double today. Probably only to race home from the Sixers to not be able to watch the basketball on 7.

Reply #200416 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

If we pull this off it would be so Awesome, if not for anything but to watch the US finish 5 and without a medal.

Reply #200422 | Report this post

Alan Scott  
Years ago

Be prepared for the Boomers to get an absolute shellacking!! The Boomers got close in a warm up game and the US would hate that. The US will play the best game of their lives and dont be surprised if the US score more than 130 and keep the Boomers to less than 80.

For what it's worth, I hope I am wrong!

Reply #200426 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Guys, I hear that Mottram is running in the 5000 metres tonight at 9:45pm. He is a gold medal chance, so that doesn't bode well for the Boomers being shown live and in full.

I would be willing to bet that Seven will delay the start until after Mottram's race. So my guess is that we likely will get the game after 10pm at the earliest.

Reply #200432 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Surely This game should be live, its a cahs card for Seven, the best of the USA vs Aust...thats more than a gold medal chance would draw in SURELY!!

Massively upset its the same night as sixers game though! Will be harsh letters if seven delay it and I miss the sixers game only to watch it delayed.

Reply #200480 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Hey guys

What is CST? What time would this be in melbourne sounds like a silly question but I really wanna watch the game and support the guys in action!

Could this be the upset of the olympics!

Reply #200513 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

well if there are any more Swimmming on we won't get to see it .. perhaps reruns of Rice swimming wins for the hundredth time instead?

Reply #200515 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

9:30 Adelaide time, 10:00 in Melbourne I think.

Reply #200522 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Motteram's race is at 8.55 over in China (think that is 10.25 here)

There is an Aussie dude in the earlier heat at 9.15 our time. 5km takes about 13 - 14 minutes to run

Reply #200526 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Massive 1 minute promo advertising the boomers game tonight, no times shown but it looks like it will atleast be shown, just a matter of how much they screw up the coverage now.

Reply #200529 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hopefully only a cross for Mottram's heat.

Reply #200545 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

im so excited bout this game. I might be unrealistic, but i think we're a chance

Reply #200559 | Report this post

N808  
Years ago

Hey anyone know if the game's gonna be streaming somewhere? I'm o/s atm so can't get channel 7 - tho if the first couple games are anything to go by, that's what 5 mins game time Total? lol

Reply #200561 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'm sure it will be streamed in plenty of places, keep your eye on justin tv close to game time. All usa games have been readily streamed.

As for aussies having a chance I think everyone is getting way to excited and over hyped. I expect nothing less than a 20point loss! And we SHOULD still be happy with that.

The only chance we have of getting it under 20 is to get a good start and hold the lead for a little while and keep some pressure on the usa's scoring. Try to rattle them a little with scoreboard pressure. Even if we do manage that I expect we will get overrun in the second half.

Reply #200562 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Streaming link here (I think... hasn't started yet of course)

http://www.justin.tv/cram1

Reply #200567 | Report this post

DavidK  
Years ago

We are missing that x factor in our team IMO. No Gaze or Heal who can win the game singlehandedly.
Team play will have to win it.. We can do it, but we would have to play an almost perfect game.
I hope the softball finishes soon.. otherwise we will never see the game..

Reply #200573 | Report this post

Colin  
Years ago

Looks like the softball is going to run late !!

Reply #200581 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

http://www.mundocramex.blogspot.com/

Reply #200582 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Was about to post that LC.

It's started! Bogut blocked by Howard already.

Reply #200586 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Need to go inside outside - too many 3pt shots too early

Reply #200588 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

timeout please goorj

Reply #200591 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut and Nielson have 2 fouls each early.
US up by 9 half way through 1st

Reply #200595 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here come the Boomers! Down to 3pt game on the back of Mills and Barlow 3 pointers

Reply #200597 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Totally... we're not going to hit 3-points all night. Nice pass inside to Anstey as I type!

Reply #200599 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bloody softball - hurry up and win aussies!

Reply #200600 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Yeah. Can't really blame Channel 7 for that one I guess.

I think we've scored most of our points from outside so far...

Reply #200602 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boomers missing too many easy inside shots...we atre playing great so far!
Why oh why is Saville checking into the game!!!!!!!! Come on Goorj....

Reply #200609 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Millssssss! And1

Reply #200614 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Down by 1 at 1/4 tme. Go Boomers!!!!!!! We should be up by 6-8 points if we made out inside shots. Playing great D and forcing US to make outside shots and shots form the line and they aren't making them!
USA defence hasn't been flash

Reply #200618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ITS ON 7!

Reply #200639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754