Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Report: Jackson also injured

Saw this on News Limited, not ideal for the China match and/or subsequent matches:

Australian women's basketball superstar Lauren Jackson is suffering from an ankle injury on the eve of the Opals' tilt at Olympic glory.

You'd expect both Jackson and Taylor to play but if your two best players aren't 100% it makes the job that much more difficult.

Topic #17016 | Report this topic

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I would be very surprised if Taylor played, that looked like a pretty bad ankle roll to me...

Reply #200464 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

She rolled her ankle. You cannot have a good ankle roll (except if there is no injury) You cannot tell the damage from just watching how she did it....

Reply #200470 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I think you can tell the extent of the injury to some degree. You can partially roll your ankle and play on and be fine.

From what I saw she went right over on it. Hey I hope I am wrong she is one of the opals best players.

Reply #200475 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I have faith in the medical staff to get both Penny and Lauren back on court. The two are also super tough mentally so I won't be surprised if they played through the pain.

I remember the best player in the world- Paul Pierce- (snicker)going down with what looked like a torn ACL in the NBA Finals. A ten minute trip to the medical room and he was back to his world conquering best. Modern medicine, what a sweet thing it is.

If Paul can come back then so can Penny and Lauren!

My fingers are still crossed in hope, what bad timing.

Reply #200486 | Report this post

playah8tr  
Years ago

When the ankle rolls out like her injury it can be supported and she can play on(albeit with an injection). when you see the ankle roll inwards there is much more trouble stabelising the joint.

Reply #200536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just heard on 7 that she will require surgery after the olympics.

must be pretty bad if thats neccesary, good on her for playing for her country though.

Reply #200537 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

What gets me ....the shoes she was wearing

The offered no ankle support at all

Reply #200548 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754