Skin
Years ago

Mills will be an NBA guard

Praise from the US Coach, No linky sorry.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54140/20080824/coack_k_mills_will_be_an_nba_guard/

Topic #17090 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

NBA teams have a knack of following winning trends, they look at the team that just won the championship, and try to sign players of a similar skill set, either via free agency (Posey) or the draft (how many of the PG's in this years draft had- 'plays defence like Rondo, but can shoot'?)

Mills could just of timed this Limpic experience perfectly.

Teams want a Rondo in the rough, Mills will be remembered next year come draft time, count on it.

Reply #201442 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Mills played better than even i expected in Beijing.

Newley and Ingles also showed their wares against the dream team. Joe couldnt miss from NBA range 3s either so all is looking good for these blokes. Dont know if either will play NBA but they didnt do themselves any harm in this tournament.

Reply #201457 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

remember Shane Heal at one of the Olympics ?? he was great too ..until he played in the NBA. then he ran back home to the NBL ..poor child

Reply #201470 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

it all comes down to opportunity. Mills, Ingles and Newley are more complete players than Heal at an nba level so i suggest theyd have better success. Heal was a small shooting guard, how many of them do well in the NBA, especially foreigners?

Reply #201531 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Hmmm... Very perceptive Coach K... Talk about staing the obvious... Please consider:

http://linky.com.au/cu5c4

Yeah - i agree...

Reply #201611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754