Bo Hamburger
Years ago

BA hoax email alert

I think this has been around for a while, but haven't seen it on here yet - it would have been funnier before or during the Olympics, but never mind:

BA is/was concerned about a hoax email doing the rounds which purports to be from BA or even 'Coach Brian' telling people they've been picked to play for the Boomers.

Mandatory team selection joke: what's really interesting and/or disappointing out of all this is that it actually worked, twice. Why weren't Saville and Redhage told they had been fooled?

Topic #17199 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Wow, that's a pretty ambitious phishing scam, why even bother writing it when your target audience of potential victims is limited to maybe half a dozen people.

Reply #202685 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was received by a lot of hopeful imports actually. I saw questions about it on a few international basketball forums.

Reply #202690 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Good call on Saville but not Redhage.

Reply #202708 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I heard it was actually nothing to do with the olympic team - it was more to do with offering an import spot in a team in the Australian league called the boomers.

Reply #202746 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Why not Redhage? Barely played, fifth big on a team that had four, etc.

Reply #202751 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754