Interested
Years ago

Junior Finals - so far

Have there been any upsets or surprises from the first round/s of finals?

Topic #17223 | Report this topic

ed 19  
Years ago

anyone know who won the 16 boys div 1 games??

Reply #202987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern and Forestville.

Reply #202988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the 16 girls, eastern beat forestville and norwood beat woodville. should get interesting..

Reply #202992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about U 18?

Reply #202993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys U12 div 2 woodville def centrals
Boys U12 div 2 sturt 2 def norwood

Reply #202997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U14 boys Sturt 2 def centrals with 2 extra times

Reply #202998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt 2 over Norwood Blue was expected, but the Woodville win was a shock. They were beaten convincingly 2 weeks ago by Centrals and looked like they were a spent force.

34 point turnaround by Woodville in U12. They must have held the tall boy at Centrals well. Half the Centrals team is from the Barossa so they must have been tired after the trip.

Sturt 1 need to be careful tomorrow against Woodville, but Centrals should win over Sturt 2 (they beat them at Pasadena last weekend)

Reply #203000 | Report this post

Years ago

How about under 20's?

Reply #203005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern over sturt by 8
North over south by 4

Reply #203007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened in the u21 women?

Reply #203010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U10's anyone?

Reply #203015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10,s
sturt over north in the boys in tripple over time
sturt over south in the girls

Reply #203024 | Report this post

Baller_kid  
Years ago

Sturt over north by 8 today
norwood over southern by 8 also

next game southern vs sturt

Reply #203041 | Report this post

Baller_kid  
Years ago

that was in the 20's

Reply #203042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 20 Men - Norwood beat Southern this morning.
Under 16 Boys - Norwood beat Forestville by quite a bit.
Under 16 Girls - Norwood surprisingly beat Forestville.

Reply #203048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#203048) Under 16 Girls - Norwood surprisingly beat Forestville.

I wouldnt so it was surprising.

Reply #203049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U12B Div 2:
Woodville almost knocked off Sturt 1, but Sturt 1
Centrals over-ran Sturt 2
Woodville-Centrals next week for a chance at Sturt 1

Reply #203052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#48 what was surprising was tht Norwood only won by so little

Reply #203053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about 14 boys division one? what are the results?

Reply #203054 | Report this post

Manny  
Years ago

Mavs U/16 Boys div 1 defeated Sturt by 10 pts 2day, they are through to the grand final!

Reply #203055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs are in grand finals in both boys and girls 16 1's. Whats ironic is that Sturt vs Norwood play off in both semi's for a crack at the mavs in the final.

Reply #203057 | Report this post

good game  
Years ago

Saw the 16 boys game - good tough game, mavs played well. Sturt really one dimensional without that number 10 guard. Where is he ? Norwood would beat sturt - yes / no ?

Reply #203066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At full strength, Norwood are the most intimidating side in the comp.

Reply #203068 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

today in the 14 1 boys sturt beat southern by 2 in a good close game.
Southern now play North to see who plays sturt.
North Beat Mavs by 10 or so

Reply #203088 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

That number 10 has been missing a while concentrating on footy either with Sturt or Ironbank. Under 16 's is even with top 3 team all capable of winning, it will come done to who is switched on, on the night good luck to all.

Reply #203120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and where it is played with which umpires.

Reply #203172 | Report this post

Twigs  
Years ago

Girls U18/3's...westies, torrens and forrestville left last time i knew

Reply #203696 | Report this post

Booya  
Years ago

The North 14 Boys Beat norwood on friday night by 15. When losing to them a week ago by 2. Then they played Mavs on sunday the last time these 2 teams met eastern won by 25 but this time north won it by 9.

Reply #204225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville girls obviously need to recruit a few more state players

Reply #204239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at a stadium yesterday and I don't know why, but there was a group of Forestville girls there. All but two had state bags.
Is their development programme that good, or is it recruitment? There were a couple with State Country tops, so I expect they wouldn't be living in Wayville or surrounding suburbs.

Reply #204247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure you were....

Reply #204260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville have good coaches, outstanding country networks and are excellent recruiters with a central facility second to none so they have a lot going for them
Their 16 and 18's are made up with mostly all sasi or state players but their finals results suggest they don't gel very well.
If the rumours are true, the 18's are getting a couple more state players which would make their starting 5 in summer almost a state one.
But with neither team coming close to winning the winter finals with nearly all sasi/rep players in them it raises questions about the sasi program and selections into it.

Reply #204261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well its unlikely that the metro players will change clubs. However im not sure of the country players.

Forestville currently have i think 5 state reps, while they were beaten by both Sturt and Norwood over the last 2 weeks. Sturt have a few country reps and Norwood have 2 metro and 1 country. Individuals dont win you games consistantly, but teams do.

I rememeber the matches ive seen Norwood in so far this season playng my beloved North. The first 2 North played unbelivebly well, unlucky not to win at least one of them, while Norwood played solidly as a team and got ontop.
The Third match in the last round of the season Norwood had an off night with the exception of one player, who would have to have scored over 30 points and got a triple double, just unbelievable play, i got no idea who she was though.

So the point, team play does allow you to be able to compete with any team. Without playing well as a team North would have been thorughly beaten in both the first two matchs. The third when an individual can run everything and literally cant be stopped they can win games, but it is a much harder task

Reply #204285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One metro state player has gone there for summer so that theory's blown.
At north the big improvers were the 16 girls who finished much better than they began while the 18 girls fell away badly.
Norwood's form has been patchy going down badly to Sturt early in the finals before smashing a dysfunctional Forestville unit but they have no guard strength and Sturt should finish top.

Reply #204303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If the rumours are true, the 18's are getting a couple more state players"

"One metro state player has gone there for summer so that theory's blown"

So are there others as you have stated earlier? Or has your credibility also been blown?

Reply #204307 | Report this post

Joel  
Years ago

Have to agree Sturt are strong overall good balance in the team and all work for each other. Norwoods weakness is in the guard position and if Sturt can exploit that and effectively cut Boothey out of the game if they dont i expect a close game. However for Norwood they have to keep control of the ball, cut back on turnovers and play solid defence.

I must agree that playing as a team is moer important than individuals, just look at SA country's results at the nationals. Played well as a team and reaped the rewards for it.
Also i would assume the person you are talking about is Boothey, just if your interested

Who is moving and if not able to say can you please name the current club?

Reply #204311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville u18s are gaining a tall from West. They petered out at the end of this season as they hardly ever got to train with each other. This was due to state pressure and losing the stadium for the shoiw and various other tournaments. So they did stop playing as a team. Also they were two players down at the end of the season through injury and last game oly had a bench of one. I thought they put up a good fight considering.

Reply #204428 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yeh lets not talk about the bitching happening in the eagles nest?

Reply #204469 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bottom ager looking to fly the nest I believe?

Reply #204470 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754