Isaac
Years ago

Olajuwon and Ewing into Hall of Fame

Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and Pat Riley were enshrined into the Basketball Hall of Fame on Friday night, but it was inductee Dick Vitale who, as expected, stole the show.

"I've been stealing money talking about a game, getting paid," he said. "That's why it breaks my heart when I see some athletes, chips on their shoulder. Are you serious? Flying charter planes? I don't want to hear about 80 games a year. What other job do you get four months vacation. Are you serious? Making millions if you can't play."

ESPN: Vitale steals show as seven are inducted into Hall of Fame

Topic #17236 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Together again - '94 Finals revisited. Seems to take a while to get in doesn't it? Both deserving candidates - absolutely loved Olajuwon (on and off the court) - Ewing was more Meh! for me but i can't deny he belongs in the hall...

I guess that means no more comebacks for these two??? Olajuwon still looks in in outstanding shape (like he could still play), Ewing on the other hand...

Reply #203116 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Olajuwon still runs his camps in Houston for the big men of the league. He's taken some of the younger kids under his wing. He routinely works out with Okafor and Yao.

I still remember the Dream Shake he put on David Robinson and Ewing.

Hakeem has done really well outside of basketball. Rumours of a $100 million dollar profit per year real estate portfolio are still floating around.

Reply #203119 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Just watched Bos v Hou in game 4 of the 1986 NBA finals on the weekend and even back then Olajuwan had the dream shake (not as polished as later on, but still there). He and Ralph Sampson (7'4" AND ATHLETIC for those who haven't seen him) were pretty impressive in that game. It took two 3 point daggers from DJ and Bird to finish them off and even then Houston still had their chances to win it.

Reply #203135 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Both deserving canidates.

Ewing is my all-time fav.

Olajuwon broke my heart in 1994, but deserved the title also. He won 2.

Both legends and love watching both.

Hakeem certainly took Robinson to school a few times.

Reply #203161 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

Ive been a massive knicks fan my whole life, i grew watching Ewing and starks get shut down by the bulls every year. Both these guys deserve to be in the hall and are in the group of greatest centres ever. go nyk

Reply #203169 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Skink!

You're a legend too because we have the Knicks and Ewing in common

*chest bump*

Reply #203224 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

hell yeah,(you cant see it but im hi 5n u right now.)

Reply #203266 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

man, they were the great old days, of the Ewings, Olajuwons, MJ,Bird, Magic, Isisah, Dominique, Barkley, Robinson, Drexler etc to name just a few.

Will there ever be an era in the NBA like that again?
I really doubt it

Reply #203355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754