Isaac
Years ago

McQuade previews the 36ers

Matt McQuade, writing for the NBL site, has preview the 36ers roster for 2008/09:

Can Ninnis get this group to play D for 48 minutes? We know the 36ers can score  especially in that gym of theirs (which as anyone who has shot around in there knows is one of the great shooting arenas in the nation). But for Adelaide, it's all about stopping people consistently. They've certainly recruited with an eye on that  Bruce will improve them on the perimeter and Schenscher will clog up the middle  but it's whether the team hunkers down on the defensive end this season that will determine how far they will go.
Read the full preview

Topic #17267 | Report this topic

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Matt McQuade...also known as...CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

That's stating the obvious almost as badly as when a losing football coach says "well I thought we lacked some intensity...".

Although at least he realised that with Hodge in the lineup, they were the hottest team in the league at the end of the season.

Reply #203464 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

I thought it was a good, objective, thourough? in-depth look at our squad.

Adelaide being first, it'll be good to see his assessment of Brisbane Cairns next?

Dracula - while that write-up may be obvious to a sixers fan, but for the benefit of the rest of the fans IMO it was a decent write-up. And on the flip-side, i wonder how he'll rate Dragons given their huge overhual this year. Can anyone smell Chemsitry problems? Based on the pre-season games - possibly not!

Reply #203474 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Ninnis has been playing the team in Pre-season as a new coach should: he's mixing it up.

There are quite a few combinations that give the sixers presence, and waiting until the season starts to find it is a waste of time.

The Sixers have been a sleeper team for years and I think we've always gone through the same speech each time.

I just want the season to start already so we can see what Pre-season has done. No more talk that way.

Reply #203552 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ch9 news will run the story , ' meet the 36ers '
on Friday night.

Reply #203592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754