Raptors gt to know Jawai

Link to Raptor's website Q&A story:
Link to Jawai's highlight video:
http://linky.com.au/i4kkc

Season not ar now...can't wait!

Topic #17297 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

He is only 6"9. He mentions that in the interview. I always thought he was 6"10/6"11.

Reply #203766 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Probably had the same guy measure him as measured Mark Tyndale at 6-5.

Reply #203779 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Is it just me or is the NBA Measuring standards very strict. How many times do you hear about a guy been say 6"11, then he comes into the NBA and is only 6"9.
Happened to Michael Beasley.

Reply #203783 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

No biggie - he has a ridiculous wingspan so that makes up for it... Height is overrated - look at a guy like Anthony Johnson - he has no neck so gets listed at 6-3 but plays bigger... on the other hand and everyones favorite Brachiosaurus impersonator - Chris Bosh (that neck is UNBELIEVABLE) 6-11 but if he had a normal neck???....

They should use standing reach/wingspan as an additional physical attribute in various media sources... Far more relevant to assessing players...

BTW - anyone tried Google Chrome Browser (Beta) - it's pretty decent IMHO... (fast, and even has a spell check while you browse... worry about the security but-...)...

Reply #203792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754