Years ago

Boti going crazy about the league!

as the title suggest

http://linky.com.au/20755

Topic #17327 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Nice one Boti!
Can't believe it got published but it certainly hits the mark!

Reply #203973 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Black and White Boti, Keep it up. Nuff Said!

Reply #203975 | Report this post

lol boti is angry because he will be out of a job soon cos the NBL is going to fold

Reply #203978 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol looks like he wrote that in a bit of a rush but he had some good points. I agree that the quality of ball this year should be excellent with 3 teams gone and the amount of talent on each roster, although the points cap has restricted that a bit.

Reply #203983 | Report this post

Years ago

Great article.

Reply #203993 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

wish we had this passionate writer in melbourne we have grantely bernard but he just doesnt do it for me enough this guy seems like he writes daily in adelaide

Reply #203996 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

don't worry david ... wait till you read one of Boti's rabidly adelaide biased articles...then you might appreciate Grantley's balance...

Reply #204002 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

gr8 article

Reply #204007 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Of course, we are looking forward to the 31st season.
That is why we were disappointed there was no coordinated season launch and no live scores.
The 32nd season, possibly a two-tier league.
News/AdelaideNow restricted comments to only two.

Reply #204028 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

HO,
What a stupid remark. At least we have a reporter who is passionate about basketball in SA. Sure he sometimes is a bit biased, so what, at least he seems to be more passionate than you are. Look what we had when he was on holidays - Zed. Thankfully "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead". I guarantee he's been around a lot longer than a lot of the people that post on this site, and he's probably forgotten more about basketball than you will ever know. Give it a rest.

Reply #204029 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

ANON12...its ok, I like a lot of Boti's stuff. But when he gets biased it appears so rampant and ridiculous that he does the "sport" no favours when he writes it. And he knows lots of stuff, but he is a guy that often does not let the facts get in the way of a good story....and BTW, people on here have had a crack at Boti over the years over lots of stuff he's written.

Grantley Bernard is pretty passionate about basketball too...he coaches juniors and is involved in the administration of the sport - I don't think he's a story breaker, in the way Brett Harris used to be at the Australian or Dave Hughes used to be in Perth, but he is pretty solid.

Reply #204031 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It sure was good to read. I just wish they would put more of the comments on, even better,OIMO.

Reply #204035 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I'm a fan of b-ball in a big way, i had no idea the round started last week with the two games mentioned in the article. Glad to see the Cat still doin his thing, and Mee is my all time guy....

Real shame the NBL couldn't get some sort of season opening type hype but who really cares, its the die-hards that will keep the league a float until people realise the comp is of a tremendous standard...

There is no reason i should, but i have a feeling this season will be remembered...

Reply #204036 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The mainstream media didn't know those two game were on. Was Boti's article in the paper, yesterday or today?

Reply #204038 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I think just about anyone who has anything to do with the NBL recognises that the on-court product is excellent. Even his so-called MMMs, I imagine (and who he doesn't name), would acknowledge that. The fact that this is actually the case is, really, pretty cool and amazing.

But in this era of professional sport, off-court stuff matters too. You can't gloss over it. The Titanic's 'on-court product', if you like, was pretty spiffy.

He also references other sports in a 'see, we aren't too bad' manner - but I don't think any of those sports occupied the pre-eminent level basketball had, what, 15 years ago? The fact that basketball was so high - and is now so low, comparatively - is an inescapable part of the back-story.

Reply #204060 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

quality comments Bo

Reply #204095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA will struggle for decent print media while we have 1 paper covering it and only 1 journo doing the same...
it is hurting the sport tho no matter what, and not just in this state..

seriously when was the last time the advertiser had 6ers on the back page? or the lightning...they may have been in the GF...cant remember...but we get 6 pages in and then it is some junkyard column...

positives bring positives...

BO, great points there too, 15 years ago FTA was on and crowds were big too...now look at what we have...
next year will be the decider for basketball in Aust. If it doesnt work i would say we will be back to local comps and zero coverage on any station...
Boty will be writing about the local comp's instead of a national comp!

Reply #206049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754