LC
Years ago

2009 NBA Draft Talk

ESPN ran a story on howe next year's draft is not as deep. They highlight some hot draft potential including our own Patty Mills.

Link: http://linky.com.au/hpq9v

Topic #17432 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

The question is- which teams will be drafting high in 2009?

You would have to think the Grizzlies are gonna figure in the top 3 picks...

So with that in mind, we will see a big man join the Griz to team with the young backcourt. A few seasons of growth and they could do well...

Say they get a Griffin or that ohio state center, things could def be on the up from there.

The nets will likely be in the mix, and depending on the play of D. Harris, we could either see Rubio or Griffin to the nets to team with Lopez and Vince.

I don't think Indiana will struggle this year, but saying that,i wouldn't be surprised to see them fall low into the standings and get themselves a shot at a young PF to play alongside (DR)Hibbert.

If Mills is 'marketed' well by his agent and does a good job in workouts, he could go real high.
He should be saying things like- Speed of Ford, D like Rondo, but can shoot too.. I don't see him starting but he could be a vital spark off the bench for any team.

Reply #205091 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here's what I want to see from some of the Aussies this NCAA season:

- AJ Ogilvy stands tall at Vandy and picks up the scoring slack left by Foster and wins SEC POTY - and then enters the draft and goes first round.

- Patty Mills talk the talk and walk the walk at St Mary's - and right into a first round pick in the next draft. A 20ppg and 6apg season will ensure it.

- Luke Nevill to show everyone he has what it takes to play in the NBA and is absolute demon in the paint. A 20ppg 10rpg season from the senior centre from Utah could mean being drafted as a late first rounder with the dearth of big men.

- Former AIS big man Ben Allen at St Mary's showed it was worthwhile red-shirting last season, eventually gaining a starting berth alongside Mills.

- Ater Majok putting performances alongside the big talk. Hope to see him playing a amjor role coming off the bench in a UConn team capable of winning it all.

- Aron Baynes show all the hard work on the off-season has paid off to become a legit inside scorer for WAZZU. He has shown he can bang bodies, rebound and play D, but to get to the big show, he has to show he can score as well.

- Nicholls State to have a blinder of the season with their plethora of Aussies young guns and make the NCAA finals.

I'd also love to see great Freshman years from young guards Nate Tomlinson at Colorado and Zac Natoli at Mercer.

And to all the other Aussies in NCAA this coming season - good luck!

Reply #205100 | Report this post

capper  
Years ago

What about Martin Iti? Is he still a prospect? If not the Kings should get him assuming they get back into the B-League.

Reply #205123 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Iti graduated as a senior last season.
Where is he playing now???

Reply #205147 | Report this post

Finders 97  
Years ago

Don't sleep on Jack McClinton from the University of Miami. He scored 38 points against Patrick Mill's St. Marys team during the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Reply #205205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754