Anonymous
Years ago

HD TV Question

Can you get 10 HD, 7 HD and 9 HD on a standard defintion TV? I have googled it and can't get a straight answer. Please help.

Topic #17601 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

yes

Reply #206806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks!

Reply #206808 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

If you've got a HD STB or a HD PVR, then yeah. Of course you would only be viewing it in SD though.

Reply #206835 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

No you can't view HD on a Standard Definition TV; you need a TV that supports 1080 lines.

If you have a HD tuner (e.g. in a Set Top Box), you can view all the Standard Definition channels but not the HD.

Reply #206845 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

You can see the HD channel ok with your SD tuner, however the image wont be at 1080 lines. So yes you can see it, but no its not true HD.

Reply #206849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RG, I wasn't asking if you watch HD on an SD TV, I was asking if you could watch the HD CHANNELS on your SD TV.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Reply #206850 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754