Isaac
Years ago

NH: Guitar Hero 3 - anyone play it?

It's Friday, so thought I'd sneak in another off-topic games thread.

Been playing Guitar Hero 3 recently on the 360. Grabbed a copy with two wireless guitars for about $180 including delivery. Have got all the free downloaded content and also bought the Death Magnetic pack (eagerly awaiting Guitar Hero: Metallica, and if they brought out Guitar Hero: Pantera, Sepultura, etc I'd be feverish with excitement).

How far has everyone got with the game?

I have five-starred all of Easy and Medium, and passed all of Hard (including 5-10 five star efforts so far) except Raining Blood (stupid Mosh segment) and One (stupid solo). Temporarily gave up on those two and started Expert - I'm currently up to Paint It Black (about 13 tracks in).

What's the trick to that tough bit on Raining Blood? Alt-strum, hammer/pull, activate star power and cross your fingers?

Topic #17955 | Report this topic

Skin  
Years ago

No idea about that

Ive nearly finished it on medium, with that and the aerosmith one. Pretty happy with that considering how terrible I was when i fist started playing.

Great game, My brother has had it since it came out and I thought that it was ordinary watching, but it becomes extemely addictive when you start playing.

New Version comes out on the 12th, World Tour i think its called. Some really good tracks on that. All time favorites.

Reply #210591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and you get to play the drums!!

Reply #210592 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And for Video Friday:

Reply #210594 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

GHIII is notorious for the difficulty of the later tracks on hard and expert.

I'm still stuck trying to beat Slash on Hard difficulty, I find once you get to a point that you become cock blocked on, there's less motivation to beat it (considering you've already done the songs before).

World Tour looks alright, but considering Rock Band is out now and it's $100 cheaper for the full setup, you're better off buying Rock Band and then just getting the GHWT game when it comes out.

Reply #210595 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dracula, I think you can 'wuss out' of a compulsory boss bottle, if you get stuck, in order to get past it.

For songs with one exceptionally hard part, a tactic I use is to hoard star power and then use it to get through that solo or whatever. I don't think the star power is enough for the Slayer track though as you only have three bulbs by the time you hit Mosh 1 in Raining Blood.

Otherwise, if it's just something like the main riff in The Metal on Hard, with a bit of practice that becomes easy.

Reply #210599 | Report this post

Isaac, for that $180 you could have bought a REAL guitar and a REAL amp!

Reply #210615 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

When are they going to put "DON'T STOP BELIEVING" by Journey on a Guitar Hero game??? Has one of the best guitar riffs ever!

Reply #210619 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ELG, I already have a guitar (and amp, paid $1k for the two), I'm rubbish at it and would sell it if the opportunity arose. Plastic guitars are where it's at.

Reply #210621 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

I found that if u save your star power until the harder parts of the songs then that helps, i know someone who has finished "through The Fire and The Flames" on hard by using that tactic.

Another way is that if you have the buttons with the white bulbs ( brighter bulbs) on them then u dont have to strum, hope this helps.

Reply #210625 | Report this post

--  
Years ago

Guitar Hero is SICK, Guitar Hero II is like my ultimate favorite, finished it many times on Expert.
Guitar Hero 3 annoys me because it has such good songs but the rythms and notes that you actually strum are so dumbed down.
I have been stuck on the last boss on Guitar Hero 3 [expert] for like 7 months too..

This is definately a game that you have to play with a room full of friends, the multiplayer is awesome.

Reply #210635 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I already have a guitar (and amp, paid $1k for the two), I'm rubbish at it and would sell it if the opportunity arose. Plastic guitars are where it's at.

'Guitar Hero, the easy option!'

Reply #210637 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I suck at teh internetz.

You get the point though...

Reply #210638 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I do and don't mind it at all. It's why I'll play Halo rather than go off and procure expensive weapons and develop a space-faring project to discover aliens worth fighting. It's also why I'd play Burnout before going out and setting up a $20m crash scenario.

Lower cost and learning curve means that a game like Guitar Hero is much more appealing to friends playing too.

Reply #210641 | Report this post

i paid 7k for my bass. awesome.

but im not very good at guitar hero. I finished the Dragonforce song on medium, and most of em on hard but my left hand started to hurt so i stopped

Reply #210642 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Fark ELG. What type of bass you got?

Reply #210649 | Report this post

its a double

Reply #210708 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Ahh...

BTW, anyone get Rock Band today?

Reply #210720 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I've got Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3 and Guitar hero rocks the 80's, but that's all yesterday's news, Rock Band drums are where it's at!

Picked up Rock Band about 3 weeks and already onto my third drum kit (very average construction) but the game is impossibly fun. My flatmate and I are the house band (him on guitar, me on drums) and when friends come over they act as guest vocalists. We've pretty much unlocked all the songs so far, but in the world tour mode there's loads of gigs to play and venues to unlock (even if you do end up playing the same songs a lot). Have been playing mostly on hard but have stepped it up to expert recently as hard was getting a bit easy (managed to get a few 5 star expert sessions which hasn't brought me the kudos in the flat I feel I deserve!).

Songs on Rockband are awesome, there's a 90's marathon you can play in Sydney of 11 songs back to back which is excellent. There's a couple of little annoying things but they're no big deal. All up the game is awesome.

Reply #210728 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Isaac, raining blood mosh was the only thing i had to practice for like an hour straight before i could pass it. That section is just downright silly. That and Lou's battle, quite difficult even on hard!

Im sellin my ps2 guitar hero 3 pack + guitar hero 2 on ebay at the moment coz I just upgraded to ps3, cant wait for world tour and all the downloadable goodies!

Reply #210785 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

B Fresh, how did you get past it? Quick pace and the pull-offs, etc. Or just over- and alt-strum and hope you got them all?

Reply #210804 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Just made sure I had star power and pretty much strummed everything in case i missed the first of the trio of notes. Made sure I used star power only about half way into mosh, as you should have a full meter going in anyway.

Your reward after that is that the rest of the song is pretty easy!

Reply #210805 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754