MH
Years ago

2009 Mock Drafts

Well I know its a fair way out but here are some interesting Mock Drafts for Aussies heading to the US

HoopsVibe
1st Round Pick 14 Ogilvy
1st Round Pick 25 Mills
2nd Round Pick 58 Ingles

Draft Express
1st Round Pick 14 Mills
1st Round Pick 15 Ogilvy
2nd Round Pick 54 Ingles

Draft Empire
Ogilvy Unselected
2nd Round Pick 39 Mills
2nd Round Pick 46 Ingles

NBADraft.Net
1st Round Pick 16 Ogilvy
1st Round Pick 23 Mills
2nd Round Pick 59 Ingles

Topic #18044 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Draft Empire....... pfffffttt......

I wouldn't waste my time.....

The major mock draft sites have Ogilvy at the bottom end of the lottery, and then those clowns not even on the charts.

There is very little chance that Mills goes in the 2nd round. He wouldn't leave St Mary's to be second round training bait. I rate Mills in the top 5 PG in the 2009 draft (if he declares), behind Rubio, Jennings, Curry and Holiday. All of these players don't have to declare this year.

Reply #211807 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm with TR on this too.
Luke Nevill is another Aussie to keep an eye on to be taken as a late second rounder.

Reply #211814 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

A fair few of these haven't been updated in a while. Draft Express and NBADraft.net are the only two worth the effort imo.

Reply #211823 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I would assume that Draft Empire don't expect Ogilvy to declare.
So they haven't included him at all.
Or they are a bunch of morons!! ;)

Reply #211865 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

They are morons..... Mills, 2nd round 39.... C'mon

Outside of Holiday he is the PG that people are the most interested in to see how he'll go.

IMO Rubio is a top 5 lock if he comes out, if not a top 3.

Holiday is a lottery selection if he declares, he's taken the starting position from Collison, who really should of declared last year.

Jennings is furthering his education in Europe and will only be better for it, I think he's a top 10 pick.

Curry I think will go in the lottery. I can see him as Reggie Miller Lite (and smaller)... More of a shooting PG than a passing PG, and the kid can really stroke it. Always a premium in the NBA.

Reply #211895 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

mills top 15, ogilvy top 20, ingles second round

Reply #211904 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Im no expert on the college scene but ive read numerous times that this years crop of players is one of the weakest in over a decade, maybe daniel joyce should nominate, he might sneak in late 1st round, early 2nd.

Reply #212070 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The 2009 draft could be as good as the 2000 draft.

There is no bona-fide number 1 pick in the Duncan/Lebron/Yao mould, nor is there a pick 1a/1b (Oden/Durant).

This is the type of draft where you don't really want the number 1 pick and be critizied as screwing the pooch down the track when the 5th pick becomes an allstar and the 1st pick becomes a good role player. This draft is really a crap shot.

Some names to remember come draft time:

- Rubio
- Mullins
- Griffin
- Jennings
- Harden
- Budinger
- Hansbrough
- Collision
- Lawson
and off course, the Aussie boys.....

Reply #212102 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

rubio has to be an obvious number 1... super young, already playing well above guys twice his age... long term pick without a doubt

Reply #212122 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I not 100% sure of that Ricey. I think he's got the biggest chance of going number 1 at the moment, but I can see BJ Mullens or Griffin also going number 1 if they do well and take their teams deep into March.

Mullens is the third top notch 7 footer to come out of Ohio State in the last 3 years. There isn't many 7 footers that move as well as him getting around.

Reply #212125 | Report this post

clitoris  
Years ago

ingles will be undrafted

Reply #212191 | Report this post

BladeFX  
Years ago

Rubio is highly unlikely to nominate this year as he still has a year left on his contract i believe.Pat and AJ are good ballers but a shouldn't nominate this year. they could both use more time in the Collage system to work out there kinks.
Nevill will be a late 2nd round pick and so will ingles. The 2010 draft will be Australia's Year. Word is Ater Majok is likely to nominate in his freshman year in 2010. Definitive mid to late first round pick.

Reply #225705 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Let's hope so.

I'm think AJ will definitely wait 1 more year. His foot injury has not helped.

Patty's stock's remain high and he is definitely a chance for a first round pick if he does nominate this year. Will be interesting to see.

Ingles should go late second round, and I suspect Nevill will too. Although in Nevill's case, I would think it would be better for him to go undrafted as he would be a good chance to pick up a contract as a free agent.

Reply #225708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754