Adam Fryday
Years ago

A Disgusting Act from a Disgusting Family

I think the basketball public should be aware of the disgusting behaviour demonstrated by the Joyce's in the Blaze's 111 - 110 win over the Hawks on Friday night.

After the game, the coaches approached each other and Brendan Joyce pulled Cook close in and said "suck sh!t" before strutting off to the locker, leaving Eric Cooks grabbing at his shirt for an explanation.

After the buzzer went Daniel Joyce came back to the bench, and started yelling "f*ck you" into the crowd, completely aware of the corporate box full of children under 8 not but 2 metres away.

I am completely disgusted by this behaviour, and would like to see both Brendan and Daniel Joyce reprimanded for their despicable actions.

Topic #18053 | Report this topic

Henry  
Years ago

Wonder how true this post is.
As much as i want to believe it.

I dont think this is entirely true.

Reply #212012 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

we were as shocked as u are...

Reply #212013 | Report this post

Henry  
Years ago

What was Eric cooks like when this was happening?

Reply #212014 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

it happened pretty fast, joyce spat it out then turned his back on cookie and started walking off, with cookie grabbing the back of his shirt to try and pull him back.

Reply #212015 | Report this post

tired  
Years ago

i sorry but with all the lies that have been posted on this site lately

I DONT BELIEVE IT cooksy and the joyce family are great friends

Reply #212016 | Report this post

Henry  
Years ago

I wonder if the blaze still think they can make the playoffs.

Lol

Reply #212017 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

i didnt ask whether you believed it or not. just thought people should know. its a shame it wasnt televised.

Reply #212018 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Did he order flied lice with that?

Reply #212019 | Report this post

tired  
Years ago

adam it seems like you really hate this family

Reply #212020 | Report this post

clitoris  
Years ago

stop cryin u baby adam.

Reply #212021 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

crying? good onya buddy, im assuming your 15 years old. ill take my complaint elsewhere.

Reply #212028 | Report this post

BBALLFAN  
Years ago

HOW COULD YOU HEAR WHAT JOYCE SAID TO COOKS IF HE PULLED HIM IN CLOSE BY THE SHIRT AS YOU STATED DOES NOT AD UP UNLESS YOU HAVE OTHER MOTIVES TOWARDS THIS FAMILY

(Mod: Please do not use all capitals....)

Reply #212031 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

From the nbl.com.au report of the game

"Joyce and father Brendan argued with the unimpressed crowd, with Brendan then exchanging heated words with Glen Saville and Hawks coach Eric Cooks before storming into the change rooms in an animated display."

Reply #212038 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

well, the crap continues...all games are recorded too, so it might be on film...

Reply #212040 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It would be on film but I doubt they have microphones down there. I'm sure if Joyce (which I believe he would have done) did say those things to coach Cook then Cook will make an issue out of it. Also I would imagine Daniel Joyce would do something like that.

Reply #212050 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

add up has 2 d's bballfan. oh and yes i have other motives against the family... then im going to try for world domination... i have season tickets 2nd row behind the opposition bench where the altercation took place.

we have emailed a complaint to both gold coast and the nbl. just wondering if anyone else was there and saw any of this?

Reply #212063 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

i just thought that gold coast would be a little more gracious in just their 2nd win of the season.

Reply #212064 | Report this post

9999th Fan  
Years ago

Good on both of the Joyces'.

#1 - Cooks was the one who stabbed Brendan in the back to Hawks managment.

#2 - Fo a kid like Daniel Joyce to return to his home town and be treated like he was and BOO'd in his return game is discusting. Woolongong brough that reaction from Daniel on themselves...

Also, regarding the 8 YO's in the corporate boxes, parnts should expect some language for sure..

Reply #212066 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

No way, i completely disagree. These are professional athletes, this behaviour is completely inappropriate. Sure, we hear language every week, but this was at an unacceptable level.
Obviously your not from wollongong becaues you spelt it wrong.

I can't believe anyone would condone this type of behaviour, if anyone recalls, the reason Bjoyce got sacked from the hawks is because of bad language in front of children in the first place, did he learn? of course not, because thats the type of person he is.

9999thfan, if your a blaze fan, sure, defend your team thats all good, but dont pretend this was acceptable.

Reply #212067 | Report this post

jacobgough  
Years ago

is it just me or is 2 in every 3 posts here about 1 of the joyces?

Reply #212069 | Report this post

9999th Fan  
Years ago

Def a few Joyce posts!

Look, im not going to pretend like these pro athletes are all christians who live the pure life, they are competitors and i commend them for having such intensity.

This situation is not a normal one, this had emothion and history involved in it.

I am not a blaze fan, by a long shot, but just hate how mush 'censorship' so many cats want in pro sports these days...

Why not post something about T-Mac's F-Bombs on Wed NBA game... come'on...

I am not condoning kids speaking this way but this is a Mans game and it is there.

Reply #212071 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

The joyces should be ashamed and be held accountable that was disgusting act. Who cares if your booed get over it its sport go out and be gracious winners you dicks.

Reply #212073 | Report this post

Adam Fryday  
Years ago

"I am not condoning kids speaking this way but this is a Mans game and it is there." - 9999th fan

A mans game? that is another thing that is wrong in this world, so i dont believe you have right attitude to comment on this issue.

do you think if i walked up to a customer in my shop and told them to **** off that would be ok?

wats the difference?

Reply #212074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People keep asking why basketball doesn't take off here- its not because people make mistakes and mouth off- its because its the norm.

Reply #212089 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

you wrote a complaint? you loser... nuff said

Reply #212110 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

oh and im sick of this weak shit about kids hearing swear words, etc etc... get in the real world people and stop trying to protect your little angels... there are kids out there firing off guns in africa, don't see you kicking up a storm about that, so cut that weak shit out please... the more people make swear words a bad thing the more likely kids will use them

Reply #212112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey, maybe when you grow up you may be able to translate that last post to your kids. Civilized societies set standards and try to abide by them. Civilized people attempt to role model for children as part of those standards.
I don't want him shot,hung or stoned, just made to apologise to the basketball community publicly and move on.

Reply #212164 | Report this post

op  
Years ago

this adam guy seems to be a big baby

Reply #212216 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

If Adam posts more than 100 times a month, get into him.
But guys, cut him some slack, he's new here, & seems like a nice guy.

Reply #212220 | Report this post

atw  
Years ago

9999th Fan maybe it is people like you who are the problem as well? I am most defiantly a woman, who paid buckets for my season tickets and plays games up to three times a week. I have played all my life... A Man's game... come on... get out of the 1960's!!! SO next time you want insult half of the basketball community, take your opinion elsewhere!

I sit behind the Blaze bench too, and i don't have any little angels to protect! The attitude of the Blaze was horrible and I would complain if anyone who i had paid money to told me to F*** off for watching a game or receiving a service.

Just for general information as well. I am 21 and certainly not a prude. I know people in the world swear, i do too, but these people are being paid a lot of money to have a privileged place in society, and it could be argued that there are a lot of nice people who may deserve these spots more!!!

Reply #212224 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Adam, I think you've done the right thing by reporting it to the club and the NBL, just ignore these children on this site who are hanging crap on you, that type of behavior is totally unacceptable.

People swear, yes, and Phil Smythe's classic "f*ck it, let's go for the win" in a televised timeout is an example where it's unfortuante but no big deal, however if the Joyce's behaved as you suggested then that's something else entirely.

Reply #212229 | Report this post

atw  
Years ago

Exactly Billo!
I wonder what the sponsors of the Blaze would think of this as well? They sure are not giving the companies a good image!

Reply #212231 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Joyce is a grade A low class clown. he is from the worst pedigree of society.

Reply #212242 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

I can remeber when Adelaide fans booed Mark Bradtke after he left us and went to Melbourne. We thought we were hard done by and certainly let him know about it for several games. Did he behave badly and swear at the crowd. No. He certainly did celebrate when his teams won in Adelaide though. Nothing wrong with that.

Joyces were wrong to behave badly and in an unsporting way.

Reply #212243 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

weak shit about swear words? i swear frequantly but not around my child, or others. Not acceptable, mate if this was afl they would be fined or suspended, what a pair of dicks.

Reply #212251 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

It's a pity about SoJ. I've always disliked him as a player, but I kinda felt sorry for him - being booed all the time because of his dad's pathetic coaching, and he looks like a delicate little fella. But now I guess he's a bit of a prick too.

Exactly what I would expect from someone who's role models are Shane Heal and Brendan Joyce, i guess.

Definitely agree with Adam Fryday on this one.

Sat 20th Dec - Adelaide vs. GCB - 7pm... can't wait.

Reply #212253 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

can't believe how everyone is so upset about this... nothing to do with Adelaide, not to mention it gives the game a bit of flavor... hell, any publicity is good publicity at this point for the league... plus are we forgetting a team known as The Bad Boys (Piston) who would do all sorts of "rude" things, and managed to have a huge fan following... if you think that pro players are in a privileged place in society then your a chump, they are paid to play basketball, and being a "role model" is something that people expect them to be... some you people take this kind of shit so damn personal... seriously get off your high chairs, stop thinking your so above everyone else

Reply #212472 | Report this post

Blogger  
Years ago

This was recorded and will probably make the media tomorrow.

Wonder if "tired" "drb" and "BBALLFAN" know each other?

Reply #212482 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

when i see the video then i can believe this rubbish

Reply #212499 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Reply #212570 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Paddy:

"when i see "the" video then i can believe this rubbish"

WTF 1d1ot!!! Would that be "the" video, done by "the" wife of "the" Che ((?)?)

Isaac:

"Where there's smoke, there's fire".

Exactly Isaac.

And Heal walked over hot coals (a Che'd dicey in my view), to keep the "BASKETBALL FAN" quiet.

Reply #212605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see clearly now the smoke has gone...

Reply #212608 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous #212608:

"I can see clearly now the smoke has gone..."

Up your ar$e?

Reply #212617 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

paddy??? now my name is paddy? wtf?

the video i refer to is the one no one has seen yet only heard about... your trying to protect this bloke and what he has said with no evidence... whose the idiot now

Reply #212621 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

rice paddy I would think there Ricey...

Reply #212627 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Are continual bad attempts at humour enough to reinstate the DDBan? Seriously

Reply #212634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Up your ar$e?
DD, stop trolling or go create your own forum which could be your own private trolling paradise.

Reply #212638 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

ahhhh... the joke was so weak i didn't even bother trying to think about it

Reply #212856 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sorry if I'm going against the grain Ricey.

Reply #212881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754