Wayne
Years ago

Maravich Video

Hi all newbie here just stumbled on to your site whilst looking for a Aussie verion of The Pistol.

Was a season ticket holder from 85 till the first two years in the new stadium.

My father was The Snakes greatest fan. Gee Basketball in those days was something else.

Have vivid memories as a 11, 12, 13 year old walking out the back door past all the cheeleaders in white, stretching after a game!

Anyway my credentials verified (very shakily) I will get onto what brought me here.

I am desperately looking, searching for a copy of The Pistol : Birth of a Legend.

I know there a new copies going around the US but I dont reckon my DVD or VHS plays Region 1 and PAL (why the hell would DVD's have different regions anyway)

If anyone has an old copy they would sell I would really appreciate it. The reason I would like it is my son is starting to get interested in sport and I am steering him towards hoops.

Thanks in advance. I look foward to contributing to your forum in the future.

[email protected]

PS Still loved Apollo, even the half time smoke haze had character.

Topic #18416 | Report this topic

beenaround  
Years ago

can you download a copy from hte net? might be worth a search.

Reply #216766 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Yeah I had a good look for possible download sites but no luck so far.

If anyone has a site that does let u download the movie let me know!!!

I have to get this movie!!!

Reply #216806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have heard people got a copy from a site called isohunt by typing the pistol birth of a legend but i think these sites are illegal sorry i cant help

Reply #216850 | Report this post

Years ago

Most inspirational basketball video of all time. My grandparents have a copy on VHS.

Reply #216985 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754