sharpeshooter
Years ago

Jawai cleared to practice

Just reading that Nathan Jawai has been cleared to practice and will probably be fit to play in the new year. How will he go?

Topic #18449 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

So hard to tell. All i know is that i am dead keen to see him play.

Reply #217306 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Toronto signed Jake Voshkul to stand in for him - Don't what that means for Jawai now that just 2-3 days later, he is cleared to resume physical activity...

Throughout this process however, Raptors GM and coach have said a fair few times in interviews things like 'It hurts our front court not having Jawai etc etc' - so I think once he works his way in he'll be in the rotation for sure.

GREAT news

Reply #217308 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

very good news, best of luck to Nat

Reply #217311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #217314 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great news - can't wait to get to see him in action!

Reply #217317 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"It's going to be a little bit of time before he's in any kind of shape to play," coach Jay Triano said before the Raptors played the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night. "I wouldn't even guess. But I think it's a month-plus."

Reply #217335 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

When the Raptors signed Jake Voshkul, the clause was that he was replacing Jawai's spot on the roster until it he came back. Jake will probably end up in the D-League when Jawai gets back.

Should Jawai not live up to standards, no doubt there will be a swap-back.

Reply #217338 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Sensational news.

I look forward to seeing him on the hardwood soon.

Reply #217391 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

What do people think realistically the minutes he will get behind bosh, oneal and barganni. Just junk minutes or actaully some minutes.

Reply #217421 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

David i think he would see between 15 to the low 20s. Bosh, Bargnani and Oneal can all play the 4 spot as Nate probably could in a bigger slower line up. Not to mention that Oneal is constantly injured and Bargnani has seemingly fallen out of favour with the Raps head office for his lack of rebounding numbers for a 7 footer and he relies on the 3 too much. Sure Dirk shoots threes but at least he has higher averages than 3-4 boards a game.

The raps were really happy with signing him and have said he will play.

Reply #217441 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754