Kent Brockman
Years ago

Top 5 NBL Disappointments so far

With Tigers cutting the Griz i thought i would do a top 5 poor form list

1)Starting the season with no Kings or Bullets

2)Loosing Spirit and Taipans half way through

3)Poara being injured almost all year after a killer pre season.

4)Griz being cut for no good reason ( caveat that with unless he is a locker room cancer)

5) Kavossy's numbers in Wollongong, what is going on there? he should be killing it.

Topic #18546 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

The whole Melbourne Tigers squad deserves to be in there. At the start of the year, everyone was talking them up. With the roster they have, they have underperformed.

Reply #218563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As was mentioned on Tiger Radio by Liam Flynn, the Tigers weren't talking themselves up - the media was. They can hardbly be blamed for that.

Reply #218566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was Grizzard cut?

Reply #218567 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

1) Kings,
2) Bullets,
3) Slingers,
4) Spirit
5) Taipans

Reply #218571 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

A little bit of bias here, but I'd lump the NSW Kings & Razor fans that abandoned attending the game for the petty reasons of it's not the Kings, not the 'Backs, & hate the gay name at the top of the ladder.
Those pompous t00ls reckon that if there's no Sydney central basketball, there'll be no NBL. Word is, if it rains (even without the proviso that it's on Poxtel), they don't bother going to the game.
I'm more than disappointed, if those t00ls rule the future of OUR game, we're ALL screwed.

Reply #218573 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And if the Crows folded and Port Adelaide renamed themselves to the Adelaide Spirit you think many if any Crows fans would jump on board? And if they ditched/ignored their past Port heritage how many disgruntled Port supporters would there be.

Totally understand past Kings fans dissapearing, their team after all folded. As for Razorback fans the few there were got shafted to try and accommodate the whole of Sydney who were never coming out to watch anyway.

Reply #218591 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Fair enough DJ, so with that attitude, you're content that there may not be a NSW's contingent?
OR an NBL? ; )

Reply #218592 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

SKUX101 I don't think the Tigs have undeperformed at all. I agree with anon, it was just some idiots in the media who were talking them up.

Reply #218608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if teams in NSW can't attract fans off their own back, tough. if the NBL can't do it either, so be it. watch ABA instead. players will find something else to do if they can't earn a wage as entertainers or athletes. there's no preearned right to that job. fans are fickle and its their right to be so. sport is part entertainment, part religion. 'there's no church near your house, just go to the mosque.'

Reply #218610 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

Number 1 most disapointing thing in the NBL is Adelaide refs!

Reply #218633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have never rated Kavossy Franklin. He's an ok player but not great. Can score big but usually has to take a large number of shots to get it (ie. low shooting percentage)

Reply #218635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754