Jack Toft
Years ago

36ers, Quantum of Solace

I can recall the lift in confidence I had when it was announced that Mal was taking over the helm of the Sixers. Last night was probably the lowest my confidence has been in the Sixers for sometime. Not seeing Julius warm up and knowing of the apparent debacle with pay, I felt very disappointed in how the club was travelling.
After reading the posts on Julius after the game last night, I had to wear mittens to stop me from typing several responses. Despite a sleepless night, rather than focus on the negatives, it is always good to find solace in life on the positives, and I still think there are plenty of them around, even if it appears that Julius has gone (whether he was stabbed in the back by Sixers admin, or his agent(?) stabbed us in the back - doesn't matter, we just need a cleanup in aisle 5)

So, these are some of the things I find solace in at the Club:
* The team is in the top 6
* All the players are pretty good guys personally
* We had a good win last night
* Boti no longer uses "rookie" to describe Scott
* The boys won without Julius
* The team actually plays pretty well together
* The team has a lot of confidence in themselves
* We have got Luke on the team
* Over 6,000 people to a Wednesday night game
* The Sixers dancers are the best in the league
* I saw Skip smile last night....
* Plus, plenty more positives at and around the club

These are uncertain times at the moment with plenty of uncertainty in the NBL and around the club. With uncertainty comes the erosive nature of rumours and inuendo. Yes, there are negatives as well and you won't get 100% agreement on how to manage out the negatives, however, maybe now is the time to focus on the positives, focus on how we can win the flag for the season, and how we secure the future success of the Sixers.

Topic #18626 | Report this topic

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Reply #219766 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

group hug

Reply #219768 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good to see you guys thinking

Reply #219771 | Report this post

Red Head  
Years ago

Lets exchange "I'll wait for you" rings.

Reply #219772 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

good thinking jack, the team is in a postion to being able to win the title and we cant let crap like hodge get in our way, we need to focus and get the job done!
GROUP HUG!

Reply #219774 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Spot on Jack Toft. Isaac the man should have got a ball.
Also another plus was Brett in 2nd half showing the way again

Reply #219783 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The club is in a perfect position to claim a title in Brett's last year and give him the perfect send off.
The last thing we need to do is self implode.

Reply #219804 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

I just felt sorry for the little guy who lost the ride off on centre court, cos he was actuallu riding the little bike as opposed to walking it. Poor little fella!

Reply #219839 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

...and here I was thinking Daniel Craig signed with the Sixers.

Reply #219862 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Yeah the into by Bonz....."007, James, James Bond......"

Reply #219876 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

PS. Nice post Jack, in the current times of potential doom and gloom due to certain circumstances, best off focusing on the positives and you have certainly identified them! Sixers need to build on these positives and put them in the right step for Play-offs

Reply #219879 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Thanks Corey,
There are plenty of opportunities for improvement at the Sixers, but let's keep our cool.

Squid,
Yes, the kid on the south side should have won that race last night, the north side kid pushed rather than peddled!

Reply #219881 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Thanks Jack, I thought that was the real controversial thing last night.

Reply #219887 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It brought a chuckle to me.

Oh, and congrats on the guy who proposed too. It takes real guts to do that in front of 6,307 people!

Reply #219923 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754