Baxter
Years ago

Schensch's treatment

Not sure if this will work but have a look at this little snapshot I came across from weds game. NO FOUL CALLED! took two guys to literally try pull him down to the ground in the second half b4 one was called in his favour. I admit I'm a friend of schensch and he would kill me for putting this up but cmon enoughs enough u have to agree?!

Topic #18663 | Report this topic

kman  
Years ago

happens every week, the league has gone that way for unknown reasons so we gotta do it to and he already dominates, if he keeps getting tougher he will be close to mvp

Reply #220551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Dusty making minor contact to me.

Reply #220552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The buldge in Dusty's pants gives the game away

Reply #220558 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Basically Pat Tilden wants the type of game we are now seeing. If Pat was at all interested in basketball he would be looking around the world at various leagues to see their trends. Euroleague for instance is almost an exact opposite to NBL in that they are totally hands off in the post and I personally think that is the way the NBL should go

Reply #220564 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Poor choice of photo to make your point, there is very little contact there, I'm sure in the flow of the play and what occurs next may well be the contact that you are refering to.
I do believe he made this basket? And the ref's are loving that if the basket goes down we wont call it this year.

The problem with the Sixers (and it's not a new one) is that the defence played against us is alot of body contact down low (which I don't think the league should be overly cracking down on it's at an acceptable level), but when the Sixers play D it's alot of slapping and not the best use of body's. That comes from guys going for blocks alot, Cooper and Luke both go for the block time and time again, guys of that size (especially luke) need to use their body better in defense and NOT go for the block, their sheer size will change the shot enough and thus less fouls. Simon Dwight, David Stiff all suffer from the same problem.

I'm a massive fan of the block and personally find nothing better than a block of any kind BUT these guys would be much more effective if they used their body alot more.

Reply #220567 | Report this post

Footer  
Years ago

He is 7'2". He isn't the only one not getting fouls. stop crying

Reply #220577 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

how did he get that shot up with all of those damrob watermarks around him?

Reply #220579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #220581 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"He is 7'2". He isn't the only one not getting fouls. stop crying"

Its this attitude the Ref's seem to have. its not that hes not getting fouls called, its that he does the same thing and gets pinged almost everytime.
His Height has NOTHING to do with how the rules should be called, if his arm is yanked down when hes shooting it doesnt matter how tall he is.

Reply #220602 | Report this post

Raytri  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind so much if it was even both ends, but Schensh can be slapped around, pulled pushed and thrown to the ground and no calls. Up the other end he can stand with arms straight up,set a screen or just be in the general vicinity and get pinged.

Lets see if things are any different tonight.

Reply #220617 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Raytri, have a look how many times he stands straight up though, yes the body does but he has a tendency to move the arms, lean in and go for the block and thats when the slaps and arm contacts come into it.

If he stood up and hands straight up in position that would be almost good enough from a 7+ footer.

Reply #220638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754