LA Boy
Years ago

Adelaide-Hodge, what might've happened...

I got this from an annoymous source that is 100% accurate, here's it in quick:

-------

36ers failed to make payments earlier then asked for a 20% paycut which Hodge refused. Then he went mad asking to get paid NOW. After Hodge got paid in ADVANCED (paid upto February) he took the money and ran.

-------

In the past few days there's been conspiracies of who's speaking the truth and I have to say 36ers has been the honest of the two parties (which means I previously thought wrong and I appologize for whatever I've said before)

Topic #18708 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

source?

Reply #221242 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

That does not marry up to either of the 2 sides stories though.

If that was correct why wouldn't Julius come out and say we had a deal and they tried to renegotiate it.

Reply #221248 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

uhh...I had a conversation with someone involved in this whole thing but need to keep the name annoymous

Reply #221251 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Why can't people understand that people aren't going to burn their sources on an internet forum. You burn a source you are never going to get further information from them. I do believe the LA boy does have some good sources as well.

Can a filter be placed on Hodge's name like with the ex-coach...... The deed has been done, all parties have moved on and welcome to Adelaide Grizz...

Reply #221252 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Why would you even ask an american import to take a paycut?? Especially ex-NBA player from Harlem, where money is everything!

Reply #221253 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hodge did mention that (sunday mail, I think)

Reply #221254 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

HA HA HA HA.....I think the answer to who is the biggest tool of the two parties came to light today.

After all of this Hodge has called up and asked to use the weights and facilities at the dome.

WHILST the team is training there.

WTF is he thinking??????

:-)

Reply #221255 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

That is some Grade A gold right there.

I can just see the face of the person that took that call.

Reply #221261 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Something wierd happening here, in the words of Happy Gilmore

"Why wont you just go home, are you to good for your home"

Reply #221263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You might've heard that 20% wrong. I don't think it was a paycut. It's what he was getting paid locally as "spending money" while the remaining 80% was being paid into a US account.

Reply #221266 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Funny that he didn't want to train. Today is 41 degrees, here, and he wants to lift weights ?

Got sunday mail, here.. ' why are you trying to bargain with me. Just pay me.. " trying to inject a performance based clause..

Reply #221268 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

So when he was talking about drinking the poison, he was referring to the beer at the dome?

Just can't get it anywhere else like that.

Reply #221270 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There's the 20% mentioned, Isaac. Looks like you would be right. " They only wanted to pay 20% and the rest on thursday"

Reply #221272 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

That Happy Gilmore call is gold - still laughing.

Reply #221273 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

so is hodge useing thw room at the dome?

Reply #221278 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Somehow, I doubt it.

* Hodge walks in the weights room smiling *

* Grizz is lifting weights *

J - "Ahh..hey"

R - "Hey. Read your blog"

* Awkward silence *

* Hodge backs out of room silently *

Reply #221279 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

What I cant work out is why he's still in Adelaide, he isn't rushing off to get another contract. So what were his motives to leave?? Its not like he has taken his money and run so to speak, hes still here! I wonder if the sixers do still owe him some cash?

Reply #221281 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Skin,

I think you will find he still owes the Sixers money.

Reply #221284 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Release is subject to repayment of finance. Might have to hang around to organise that. Alternatively, may just have nothing else to do for now and has a car and accommodation here.

Reply #221285 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

"Can a filter be placed on Hodge's name like with the ex-coach...... The deed has been done, all parties have moved on .... "

There'd be no point.
Posters would just start using alias' like they did for Phil.

Probably something like ... JUDAS perhaps.

Reply #221289 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Hodge's dosh he owes us now theoretically belongs to Grizz. I say we let Grizz and Hodge sort it out between themselves.. my money is on Grizz ;-)

ShaneD

Reply #221291 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

TR
I was not requesting that a poster "burn a source".

Just requesting a little info as to what the information is based on.

it is all to easy (especially on the internet) to announce that you know something with nothing to back it up, you must establish some sort of history or reputation.

There are posters on this board, (i think most of us know who can be trusted and who just post cr*p) who i will not question when they put forward their versions, however, to my knowledge the OP has not built that reputation yet.

I have it on good authority that MJ is about to make a comeback and will be replacing Grizzard next week*

*may not be true.

Reply #221292 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

he back in Adelaide? I saw him on Sunday and he said he'll be here (Melbourne) a little while

Reply #221293 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Isaac- Fair call

Probably applying for Centrelink as we speak. Wonder if he would walk out on them if they didn't pay up!

Reply #221294 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LA Boy, if he's ringing people in Adelaide about doing weights and having a shoot around at the Dome, then I doubt he's in Melbourne.

Reply #221298 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Could just be prank calling the dome I guess.

Reply #221299 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

FFS, he was released from his contract on "THURSDAY" (it's now Tuesday), how could he still be "HERE" driving a "CONTRACT" negotiated vehicle "TODAY", & ask to train in "OUR" gym?

Start thinking guys. That's not a demand, purely an option.

Reply #221300 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Might he be in Melbourne soon though? little tiger.

Reply #221301 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

there's a little buzz about the possiblity of him getting picked up by Tigers but I don't see it happening primarily because of what happened to Adelaide.

I'd love that to happen though, Tigers vs 36ers, Grizz is going to rip that thing apart!

Reply #221303 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

DD what the F are you on about? seriously the time has come for you to retreat back to where you came from

Reply #221305 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Love you to be right LA Boy, but don't forget, the "knows it's" had you labelled as "NY Boy". ; )
I'm lov'n this shit (am I allowed to say shit?).

Reply #221308 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

Is it a possibility that he isnt allowed to leave, pending investigations and legal action on behalf of the 6ers trying to get thier money back,

Also he will not get clearance from the club unless the club is paid its money back! So thier is no point him going newhere cause he cant play anywhere!!

I wonder if he has any regrets yet?

Reply #221309 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

(Mod: Troll.)

Reply #221310 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

After seeing the Tigers turn it on (eventually) against the Wildcats and go on a crazy run, I wouldnt be messing with the tools they have got in place atm. With continued chemistry they have a lot of potential biggest weakness is big guys, and Hodge isn't going to fix that problem for them.

Reply #221311 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

DDFan- I'm just saying what I got told, that day I never said I was 100% sure because I heard nothing about this then and infact, Adelaide never been a team I followed and I get nothing out of it by saying these things (just thought you guys might want the information). And plus, I did appologize for saying not trusting the club etcs as I was wrong.

He/She was kind enough to go "NY Boy" though, "Boston Boy"? you'd see smoke out of my head! :-P

Reply #221312 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Coady mate, how was Jules able to set flight to Melbourne recently, if he's under investigation?
Just asking.

Reply #221313 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Coady, I don't think they take your passport over a pay dispute.

Reply #221316 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

How can Hodge still be around?
You'd think with the way stuff has gone down and people outraged across he country, not just in Adelaide that he'd not dare be seen out and around in public- he's either game or stupid- perhaps a bit of both.

Isaac: "Alternatively, may just have nothing else to do for now..."

Aah, the life of a baller.... not quite as glamorous as some may think!
Doesn't the guy have x-box?

Reply #221319 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

i thought might just be a international travel thing, he prob has home setup here somewhere so easier for to live here for now,

Im having Un-Educated guesses so ease up on me

Reply #221320 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Maybe he just likes 10k moonlit jogs on the beach with Volde. It's a beautiful thing.

Reply #221323 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

DDFan, it's alleged (have to be careful here coz I don't know for sure) that he was seen in Melb before he skipped the last game- eg, was there in possible preparation to line something up down south if you know what I mean.

Reply #221324 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Contract was LAST WEEK! Turtleneck sweaters ALL over the place. Hodge signed, then he un-signed, he's playing the TUBA down at the beach next week! Not thinking is an optional extra. How can he be at the gym if he's down the shop buying MARSHMALLOWS?

DDFan - if that makes no sense to you, then welcome to my world whenever I read your posts.

Reply #221326 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

hey look, it ain't like we're best friends we know each other and says hi if we meet and that's about it. I don't know everything about him and have no desire to (I didn't even know he's under investigation). If you don't believe in what I say go ahead no loss to me (just disregard all my post if you wish).

Reply #221327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodge doesn't have a house set up here, he's been living out of a hotel room/serviced apartment. No idea why he's still hanging around unless it's something to do with paying money back and being stopped leaving the country.

I think it's more like he's waiting for the Tigers to give him an offer. His head is bigger enough - he probably just presumed he could leave the 36ers and walk into another NBL team.

He should be back on that plane to the States to spend some quality time with his precious family that he continues to go on about. Oh that's right...........he's too busy screwing the local ladies to give a sh&t.

LOSER!

Reply #221329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOLD hereschenes !!!

So true! Your not alone in scratching your head when reading DDfans rubbish posts.

Reply #221330 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

Apologies for off topic, but didn't DDfan get banned some time a go? Was this lifted?

Reply #221335 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

DJ mate, Ebi has been at the end of a lot of derogatory flak from respected Tigs fans, HIS head was on the chopping block & not amazingly produced the goods in their recent win over the Cats.
Understandably retained at this stage with that showing & time has run out for Jules to be a factor in any team within the NBL.
It's game over for Jules in this league, this season.
Time for people to move on.

Reply #221337 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Axe, no, he decided to return for some reason.

Reply #221340 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

... time has run out for Jules to be a factor in any team within the NBL.
FAIL.

Takes seven games to qualify for the playoffs, as we know from Grizzard situation.

Tigers have only played 20 games.

Reply #221345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mantis - who do you think the Tigers would cut for Hodge? I can't see it happening - if the Dragons had played fewer games it would have been more likely for him to turn up there.

Reply #221349 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'm skipping reading this entire thread to say "Get over this Hodge problem and get back into the game".

Reply #221351 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I don't think Chuck will approve him going to the Tigers- even he'd think that's a bit rich salary cap-wise.

Reply #221354 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Tigers 20games. As, I've said several times, it seems unlikely. But a lotta talk about it, with him going over there , twice - recently, and still hanging around. I found the topic and replies interesting to read.

Reply #221355 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

What's the general concencus hypothetically of who he'd replace- still Ere?

Reply #221358 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Well, it was wasn't it. Then Ere played a good one.
Still about 2 weeks left, for the 7games to qualify.

Reply #221360 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Technically, The Tigers (10 games left), New Zealand, Sydney (8 games left), Cairns or Adelaide (7 games left) could sign him to make play offs.

Given that list of names, I'll file it under "unlikely" he'll suit up here again in 08/09.

Reply #221362 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

The Hodge has no shame otherwise would not still be here . Sixers cant stop him from going he must be waiting for a contract and a paid flight somewhere.
Hope he does go to Tigers more reason to dislike them and taken all this time to get fluency and he will f--kit up . Remember for all his points we only went 5-3 after replacing 1 of worst imports in our history

Reply #221363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Although you're saying that the record with Hodge wasn't that great, look back at earlier posts and you'll see how great sixer fans thought he was - the word 'saviour' springs to mind.

Reply #221364 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

bretts, waiting for a paid flight seems like a reasonable guess.

Reply #221369 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

not so sure about "saviour"...but i still say the man was fantastic to watch, cant possibly say one of our worst ever. (excepting attitude)

Reply #221370 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Was definately better to watch than Paris McCurdy.

Reply #221373 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

Still back to my recent point, has he been officialy released by the club yet or what???? Cause he cant sign unless he has

Reply #221377 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

36ers won't give him clearance throught FIBA to play until their $$$ is returned.
Perhaps until he settles his debt (god knows when?) he is in limbo.
You'd think he'd at least do that from the US though.
I thought we'd paid him enough to afford a flight home whether he pays it or his next club- especially given the unimpressive circumstances, if that was me I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Reply #221381 | Report this post

tank  
Years ago

its all a bit odd go 36's done it again

Reply #221389 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

ShaneD, I can just imagine Grizzard's contract stating we will pay x amount but you have to fight Hodge for it. A very attractive contract to sign indeed, haha.

Reply #221397 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Has anyone established if his family is still here? He said before Christmas that they were coming to Adelaide after Christmas. I assume a trip of that distance would mean his family is still here and has pre arranged flights to return home. He could be waiting to go home with them. Also he states that he has received the advance pay but the December pay has not yet hit his account. I am not saying I believe that, but if it is the case, he could be waiting for December's pay before he is convinced that he has been paid anything extra. The other alternative is that he has all his pay but doesn't want to pay any back because of this gripe with Sixers admin. He also said that his banking details had not changed from the November payment, therefore there should not have been a problem with the December payment. Once again, who do you believe?

Reply #221401 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

The jury is out on who I believe- I can't speak for anyone else but personally I find the parts in between more interesting than drawing a conclusion on who I believe- as far as I can tell (and as said in a previous thread, we will never know the full story because it's in some peoples' best interests to have it that way) all parties are at fault, and it's probably best to leave it at that.
It's turning a bit into which came first the chicken or the egg!

Reply #221410 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

As fascinated as I was/am as a Sixers disciple, is anybody else thouroughly over this situation? Boti aside I mean.

(Exceptionally entertaining, albeit self indulgently parochial article today btw - brought many smiles).

Reply #221415 | Report this post

Years ago

If the 36ers breached his contract by paying him late, why should he have to pay back any of the advanced money, wouldn't the 36ers have to pay out his contract in full?

Reply #221416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His first payment was done manually and the second (late) one electronically, hence the mix up with the 4 digits - this is word from the office.

His family never did come out to Australia this time, unlike last season so he's just hanging around like a bad smell.

Probably wanting another contract somewhere in the NBL. I just hope the 36ers don't sign the release forms and screw him just a little bit.

The December pay is in his American bank, just not cleared. So he needs to sort that out from his end - nothing to do with the 6ers now. But in effect, he has "stolen" the advance money and as his agent asked for his contract to be torn up - they shouldn't have to pay it out in full. I would think??

Reply #221419 | Report this post

Years ago

I think you will find they have to release him in order to sign Grizz. I think that because Dec payment was late, even 4 days, as silly as it may sound breaches his contract and he is entitled to have it payed out in full.

Reply #221421 | Report this post

Hood 85  
Years ago

No they dont have to release him to sign Grizzard. As said before, dragons kept Horvath (that waste of space) on their roster until he became naturalised and signed another import in the meantime. So I guess he is still technically on the 36ers roster hmmm

Reply #221424 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Guess if they haven't cleared him... He might still be technically on the roster.
Maybe that's why he wanted to use their facilities , today.

Reply #221425 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

123456, yes that sounds silly. Because your employer is four days late with your pay, they don't have to pay you for the next year to sit on your couch at home do they?

That is not how contracts work, to be entitled to paent you have to perform the service. Anything less could be an unfair windfall and void at law.

Reply #221427 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

*payment*

Reply #221428 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Not only that but Hodge's agent requested he be released from his contract last Thursday before the 36ers released him. In that case the 36ers merely agreed to the agent's request.

Reply #221432 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Contractually, the Sixers were ahead of the game re: Hodge's pay.

Reply #221437 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

hereschenes, that's the loudest I've ever laughed on this forum I reckon. Post of the year so far IMO!

Reply #221439 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Very nice hereschenes lol.

DDFan, people usually write "loving" in a more colloquial manner by replacing the g with '. eg. lovin'. I'm afraid if you wish to remove the i and write "lov'n" you shall still require an inverted comma after the n as you still lack a g.

yep.

Reply #221445 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I'm also on board the hereschenes "post of the year so far" train, it gets funnier the more times you read it!

Reply #221449 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

regardless of how good hodge is, he caused unecessary distractions at tha 36ers that didn't result in anything spectacular on the court. Sure he put up some good numbers, but so did Carlos Powell for tha Breakers and he didn't turn the clubs fortunes around either. It would be stupid to sign a player with a reputation like hodges this late in the season to any team. The Tigers need to get the players they have already on their roster to gel, nevermind looking at other players.
Hodge needs to go home and think about which team in the D League he wants to sit on the bench for lol and sus out how he's gona pay the 36ers back.

Reply #221451 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Lol, thanks for the props. Nothing personal towards DDFan, whoever s/he is... usually I can find it within me to tolerate the confusing posts, but yesterday I snapped!

Personally, I would give post of the year to that one about "who would give their life for Hodge?" Lol. Although I guess that was probably last year... post of the season then.

I agree Loco - pretty over the Hodge thing now. Go Sixers!

Reply #221461 | Report this post

$talks  
Years ago

Don't know if still applies but a few years back part of the immigration approval for a sporting visa was that sponsoring club paid for return airfares. Might be a case of 36ers not paying for fare until advance payment is returned.

Reply #221737 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754