Barney G
Years ago

KB

Have seen an e-mail that Kevin Brooks is going to live in Adelaide permanently and is looking to become involved in Junior Coaching Clinics.
Could any ABA Team fit him under their Salary Cap.
Also, if he becomes a citizen, which I assume he is, should the 6ers be looking to sign him up for 2005/06, as a local.

Topic #1874 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

on cheap pay, why not. But not at the expence of our main targets. Go after the big guns then hill, and then look at him maybe.

Reply #21218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team is looking pretty good for next year

Mee
Brooks
Farley
Hill
Maher
Rychart
Cooper
Forman
Holmes
Nash

Now we just need Paul Rogers and Martin Cattilini to come back and play for us, oh and we need Sydney's accountants to get the team passed by the NBL ;)

Reply #21219 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Barney G, who wrote this email? Does it have any credibility? The manner in which KB left Adelaide suggests he isn't likely to be welcomed back with open arms. Definitely interesting news.

Reply #21220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You might want to check his fitness before you start spreading nasty rumours, people.

Reply #21233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barney. Ur mail is correct. KB might even end up in a coaching role somewhere in an ABL program.

Reply #21288 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

cool kb is an all time fav of mine, i'd love to see him in adelaide again!!
even tho 2 play 4 us he'd need 2 b naturalised, cheap n willing to come off the bench, but who knows i'd luv 2 see the team suggested happen as on paper that looks awesome!!!

Reply #21294 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If Mee and Brooks come back how do they fit into the points system???

Would this put us over the limit???

Reply #21309 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

People, you're forgetting how KB left the organisation. This isn't like re-signing Brian Devincenzi, Orlando Phillips or Tom Schaefer - KB burnt us at the stake. Heck, my basketball fees went up $1 a game because of what he did to Adelaide!

Reply #21314 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ignoring that, we would be very fortunate that Holmes, Forman, Hill, Ng, etc are all capped at 5 while they're with the 36ERS. Maher also, though Mee would more or less be coming in to replace him.

I have heard nothing about a KB rumour to suggest that it's likely, but I have heard things about the Mee rumour.

For a bit of fun, if the line-up was this:

Mee (10)/Hill (5 max)
Farley (10)/Ng (5 max)
KB (9)/Holmes (5)
Rychart (10)/Forman (5)
Cooper (6)/Rees (4)

That's 69 points, only 3 over the cap. You could have Maher in there instead of Ng without raising the points total which is pretty incredible. More likely:

Mee (10)/Hill (5 max)
Farley (10)/Ng (5 max)
Holmes (5)/Forman (5)
Rychart (10)/Thompson (1-3?)
Cooper (6)/Rees? (4)

63 max.

Assuming the core future group of Holmes, Forman and Hill stayed together, that will be very valuable to the team. The first two would be rated 6-8 now and Hill could we be the same in a year or two. Under the existing system, they'd max out at 15 as a group, instead of up to 25.

Reply #21320 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Anonymous (#21288),you may be onto something there. Rumour is KB may soon be seen in an assistant coaching role at ABL level.

Reply #21321 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

I heard that KB will live Adelaide for good. He will helping Norwood out but at this stage will not be playing as his back is stuffed. He is already here.It is not a rumour it is fact.

Reply #21324 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Dont you thing Holmes would be rated higher than a 6? Id say 7-8 his boards and all out hustle are amazing assets

Reply #21328 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I said 6-8 for those two. Forman was a 6 I think, and Holmes maybe an 8? Either way, it's a good advantage having them capped at 5.

Reply #21329 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

is maher definetly going overseas?

Reply #21330 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From what he's said publically, he's definitely looking for an opportunity. Unfortunately he may not know until quite late in the off-season.

There were rumours of Rogers playing for the Sixers this season right up until the last couple of weeks I think, so I guess that the European contracts unfortunately come through a little late.

Reply #21331 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

unless he made a public apology i wouldn't have him back 4 what he was trying to do

Reply #21332 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Brooks has shown in his last year with Adelaide and his only year with Hunter that he does not have the required attitude anymore. It's too much of a risk. Unless something has changed, I wouldn't even take him if he came for free. Our best years have been the ones where the chemistry has been right.

Reply #21334 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Doctor, He is not wanting to play. He has a bad back and is just looking to coach and work with Norwood.

Reply #21339 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Good to have him back here anyway. He did great things for the 36ers in his first few years.

Reply #21341 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

http://www.norwoodbasketball.com.au/FS_extra.asp?id=4838&OrgID=272

Answers.

Reply #21363 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754