Quagmire
Years ago

Hamilton moves to the bench.

Detroit started Hamilton on the bench today. Amir Johnson added to help a struggling Rasheed with rebounding duties.

I was one of the people calling for A.I to be the one moved to the bench, if for no other reason than Hamilton has earned his place as a championship SG for the club.

Couple that with the fact he is at Detroit for the long haul (A.I becomes a free agent end of the season) and that i beleive A.I is one of the best players in the NBA at producing offence when surrounded by 4 stiffs. (see NBA finals 2001)

Time will tell, but the big winners here are Rasheed and Prince, who have been playing out of position and can now go back to more suited roles.

So...did Detroit make the right call here? Hamilton or Iverson?

Footnote- Does the last week of playing the four smalls and one big tarnish the rep of Curry as a coach unable to make the tough calls?

Topic #18817 | Report this topic

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

That's a tough one. Although now would be the time to tinker with rosters. See what works and what doesn't. I am not a fan of the small ball line up. We are getting smashed on the boards. Amir or Maxiell should be in the line up. Dice would be a huge boost off the bench. If i had to decide, AI would be on the bench.

One thing we all can agree on, is that Kwame has played the way we all thought he would....someone has to fill up the water bottles.

Reply #222994 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

I guess we are the only piston fans??

Reply #223203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754