The_Champ33
Years ago

NBL Aust Day Derby- Dragons Vs Tigers

Tonight we'll see a local Melbourne derby.

Tigers Vs Dragons.

It will be on same time as the tennis and Tsonga taking court.

What will the crowds be like?

Can Gooj help his team pull off a win?

Will Anstey and Ere win for the Tigers?

The game will be shown on Foxtel.

Discuss away

Topic #18857 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Tigers in red hot form

by 5

Reply #223401 | Report this post

Hood 85  
Years ago

Hope both teams beat the bejesus out of eachother, both teams have very unlikeable charachters on them. For leagues sake, hope it is a close very high scoring affair though. Couldnt care less who wins though.

Reply #223404 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Dragons got it IMO Tigers somewhat in form but the 1 spot is still going to hurt them when Dragons turn up the D

Reply #223407 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think the Tigers are about 10 in front, but live scores crashed, of course.

Reply #223446 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

tigers by 6

was on fox

Reply #223447 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thanks Kobe, I don't have fox , myself.. I should have visited... those that do.. I forgot it was on.. Anything interesting ?

Reply #223448 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

dragons leveled it with 46secs to go then wortho to and burston missed a sitter to let the tigers win

Reply #223449 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, blast. It sounds like I should have gone over to my son's place, and watched it.

Reply #223450 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

Tigers were in charge all game tho...no one to stop anstey...ebe was terrible..

decent game and both teams come out to play...

tigers are in serious contention now...took em all season to gel tho, even with the 2 new players in!

Reply #223459 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Interesting note: Tigers went 12/35 from 3 point territory. 35 x 3 point attempts is a huge amount and Ebi went 3/19 on field goal attempts and just 1/10 from downtown (just 7 points for the game). Terrible shooting from Ere, and yet the Tigers still won! Scary.
Anstey and Barlow were huge. Barlow looked like a different player now that he doesn't have to run the show.

Reply #223473 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Saw on Fox Tigers should have won by more if Ebi Ere had shot even reasonable level .
Some of what I found interesting points from game.

1 Early in 3rd qtr Tigers gave up a big lead and Westover called a time out . Gaze warned that possibly Audio should not be on .
Hell was he right when Westover used the F word at least 4-5 times I picked . Telling plyrs in this tirade if didnt want to put a effort in get the f--k of my court. Suprised it all went to air

2 Later after another time out Gaze gave all the plays and zones for the key words Westover used.

3 Carfino had a jibe about umpiring inferring strongly that the Adelaide crowd influences the referees calls in adelaide.
4 Always amazed at Inglis skills espec. at driving to the basket. But the turnovers he gave up were diabolical and either the guy is a total air head and will never go as far as he should or Boy Goorg has strangled his game
5 Apart from obvious stars the Tigers get great minutes from their bench at crucial times.
6 Dragons are certainly beatable relying a lot on Worthington to get them out of trouble.
D Smith their new import looks exciting whether he kicks on to be a top plyr is not really certain.
Molloy in breaks etc had a lot to say and even 1 time out called the whole play to team. Dont know what that was all about

Reply #223476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754