Isaac
Years ago

NBLers in the SEABL

Just looking through the boxscores from the SEABL this weekend and spotted a few NBL names.

Neil Mottram, 10 points in 20 minutes for Sandringham. Daniel Dillon with 26/8/4 for the same team. (Former Forestville player Matt Gange had 19 points for their opponents, Albury Wodonga.)

Mark Nash, 18/14/4 and Anthony Stewart 18/6/9 for Hobart. A Matt Smith had 9 and 8 for the Chargers but I'm not sure if it's the Taipan or not? For the Raiders opposition, Cam Rigby had 28 and a Michael Hill (ex-Bullet?) had 4/10/8 shooting 2/12 FG.

For Mount Gambier, Andrew Rice had 11 and 18. Is Keith Benjamin an import for them? Had 26 and 15 in a solid win.

For NW Tasmania, Sam Harris (I presume the ex-Slinger since I think he's a Tassie kid) had 15 and 11. Michael Hill for the opposition had 19 and 6 and Cam Rigby had 17 and 10. Import CJ Massingale had back to back 30+ point games - I think he's been on NBL club raiders in the past?

Topic #19321 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Pioneers backed it up with a big road win in Ballarat. Andrew Rice big numbers again, whilst Shannon Seebohm's return and Tariq Naqqash (both from South Dragons) make this a deep team. Could make some noise this year.

Zane Reeves meanwhile had 10 points in a loss with the Braves.

Reply #228889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice wrap-up Isaac. Good to see how NBL players are going in the SEABL.

Hpow do these teams afford the travel?

Reply #228893 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

The league is sponsored by 2 or 3 separate airlines. That would help alot I would say.

Reply #228917 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Daniel Dillon is better than a dev player...he is so fast on open court it's not funny. he really played an inside-out game too. hopefully he'll continue to do well

Reply #229013 | Report this post

Unley  
Years ago

Former Wildcat Dallas Jeffrey (Mt Gambier) was named SEABL player of the week. Chirs Goulding (Wildcats current) is going to be a very good player in SEABL this year, no Adam Gibson at Spartans this year, so Goulding will have to step up more.

Reply #229152 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754