Carpenter
Years ago

No tourney for Mills...

St. Mary's didn't make it.

Topic #19325 | Report this topic

djrod  
Years ago

I think you may find Mills in a Gaels jersey again next year too.

Reply #228940 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I too think Mills be back at St Mary's next year...and I reckon AJ Ogilvy will play another season for Vanderbilt also.

Reply #228943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no way

Reply #228944 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

Hard to say whether Mills will play next season. I think he will.

Does anyone know if thats it for St Marys, do they get to play in another tournament (the ones who didnt make ncaa) ??

Reply #228949 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Saint Mary's will most likely end up playing in the NIT - the tournament where the "next best" teams not in the NCAA Tourney play in.

Reply #228953 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

saint mary's went 26-6 with 4 of their losses coming while Patty was out injured. How the hell is that not good enough to make the tourney?

Reply #228964 | Report this post

Flinders 92  
Years ago

Calibre of opposition

Reply #228966 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Anyone got a link for the teams that did make the NCAA tourney?

and yeah, I see Mills playing another season at least...commentators have referred to him as a future NBA player but I think he'd do himself a favour by not nominating this year.

Reply #228968 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here is a link to the full tourney bracket on ESPN: http://linky.com.au/bi1zl

Also, this link is a chance to rank the best teams that missed out...interesting to see that Saint Mary's leads this poll: http://linky.com.au/qa2ui

Reply #228971 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I think he will nominate. His run in the olympics and before his injury was enough for looking for a PG (NY!), if he plays another season (Without Simpson and Carlin who are both Snr this season) he might have a poor run or get injured again..

Strike while the memory of Bejing is HOT.

Reply #228978 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

it's beijing vs injury cloud...

St Mary's should have made it but there were a fair few upsets in the conference tourneys and that went against them.

They need to ramp up their schedule and beat some higher ranked teams to be up there... The WCC was a bit soft this year.

Don't forget about Luke Nevill who has been killing it all year! Utah won their conference and he was unanimous selection for all conference team.

Reply #228987 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with DJRod.

Nevill was MWC Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year and won the MWC Tourney MVP award on the champion MWC team.

His team also got a no.5 seed in the NCAA Tourney...they play Arizona first up and should do well.

Reply #228994 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

St Mary's didn't even make a top seed for the NIT!

Reply #228995 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754