what the
Years ago

Centrals vs Woodville last night

Heard it got a bit rough out there, One Woodville player certainly got annoyed so much he decided to chuck some punches. How is it that he gets an unsportsman like foul but does not get sent off? Should have got reported. Poor effort.

Topic #19469 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You beat me to posting a thread on this game - except I was going to mention something else. I read on sportingpulse this morning that Gavin Kargans of Woodville went for 44 and Matty Atkins scored 63 of Central's 90+ points. Is it a typo? Surely so.

Reply #230434 | Report this post

fat red head  
Years ago

its no typo Matt Atkins lit up for 63, 10 x 3 pointers and 18 trips to the foul line.

Reply #230442 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

yeah the shooting was great, which i think this is why the player got frustrated.

Reply #230447 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

63 points and 44 points :O
thats REAL good!
who punched who??
and what was atkins and kargins shooting % like?
top effort from them both

Reply #230454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when was the last time someone hit 50+ in a Reserves or ABA game here in SA...let alone having to players go for 40+ in one game!! top effort if it's not a typo. would've been great to have spectated. considering TWO players went off. Atkins scored 2/3 of his teams points. seriously that is unbelievable, and an amazing feat by him!!

Reply #230457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*two

Reply #230458 | Report this post

shin_splints  
Years ago

Is this an April Fools Joke?

Reply #230462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not a typo. shit defence by both teams really. as for punches thrown, pretty sure there wasnt much in it. a few pinches by a player though which mad it a bit testy. the niggle shouldnt be hyped up because it was pretty average

Reply #230463 | Report this post

jnx  
Years ago

Great effort by Atkins.

Chris Mellow hit 71 pts in ABL game in around 97.

A few guys IE holmes, ng, jye watson have had games in the 50s in the past few yrs. Holmes and Ng on the same side is scary. Might see 2 guys do it on the same team this season.

Reply #230471 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jnx - beat me to it - Jye Watson had a 50 point game in 2005. Averaged 29 PPG that season and had a 45 as well.

That 50 point game was in 43 minutes against the Eagles. 15/29 FG, 7/13 3P and 13/14 FT. He added eight boards, three assists and three steals.

Reply #230472 | Report this post

its pretty hilarious that Gav Kargans can get 44 in a reserves game and only gets like 2 in the ABL games

oh well, good for him.

Reply #230480 | Report this post

oakley hit 50 IN 2007 didnt he in ABa

Reply #230481 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

19469 you are just stirring a tea pot -
wasnt central player ejected
a non event seriously a little slap and tickle and no tears - a nothing

Reply #230484 | Report this post

VC Fan  
Years ago

Wasn't Ng getting 40 almost every second week a couple seasons ago?

Reply #230497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the centrals players was ejected because he left the bench and got involved in the 'push and shove'

Reply #230501 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

dusty had a few high games a couple of seasons ago

Reply #230509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#230501, thats because anyone who comes off the bench during a fight or scuffle is automatically ejected.

Reply #230510 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

scuffle not thats the word a very friendly scuffle
seen more action at kiddies kindy

Reply #230519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

63 points is a fair effort but he is still 8 short ;-)

71 points in an ABA game is a great effort considering the opposition only scored 78.

Who was guarding him?

Reply #230538 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Didn't Mellow drop 77 and 71? I even have a copy of the original box score somewhere. Maybe I will dig it up, scan it and post it to end the confusion once and for all.

Reply #230553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754